Home

So I got NCAA 2007 on XBox, and now I have a 360. Which version is better?

This is a discussion on So I got NCAA 2007 on XBox, and now I have a 360. Which version is better? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

OVR: 5
So I got NCAA 2007 on XBox, and now I have a 360. Which version is better?

I mean what's missing in the 360 version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

Re: So I got NCAA 2007 on XBox, and now I have a 360. Which version is better?

I'm curious to know because I don't know if I want to buy the 360 version or not. I heard somethings were missing but I don't know the full extent to what is missing.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:56 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKrebsxX
I'm curious to know because I don't know if I want to buy the 360 version or not. I heard somethings were missing but I don't know the full extent to what is missing.
The spring game is missing is the biggest thing but the overall game is a lot better than current-gen. I own both current and next-gen and I 100% feel the next-gen is the far better game and worthwhile of purchase.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-29-2006, 10:07 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Spring game, magazines and Race for the Heisman are some of the main things missing.

The magazines would be nice, but honestly I don't really miss anything. I'm quite happy with my 360 version.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:12 PM   #5
Rookie

XxKrebsxX's Arena

Ok, the Spring Game I don't care.

I sim that anyway. I played like two downs of it before I quit. Race for the Heisman? You mean Campus Legend? I don't care for that. I don't play it.

But Magazines? What do you mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2006, 10:20 PM   #6
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKrebsxX
Ok, the Spring Game I don't care.

I sim that anyway. I played like two downs of it before I quit. Race for the Heisman? You mean Campus Legend? I don't care for that. I don't play it.

But Magazines? What do you mean?

In current gen, they have a Magazine cover each week featuring the top game from last week. No stories though just a nice little addition. There's also different cover shots when you check the Top 25 poll, Heisman race, POTW, and Conference Standings.

However, they still have those things in the next-gen dynasty (without the magazine shots). But the gameplay blows current gen out of the water, especially if you find the right slider set.

But if you're really teetering about either one, just rent it on the 360 and play it. If you like it, buy it. If not, then just stick with current gen. Best answer can only come from yourself.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:31 PM   #7
Rookie

Sedihawk2K5's Arena

OVR: 8

The other differences are of course, all the stadiums are in the current-gen (not all in next-gen, but surprisingly it's not THAT big of a deal).
No alternate uni's, at least not yet.
Bowl game on-field "art" is different, just the bowl logo at midfield and the bowl name in the end zones. Also no bowl patches of any kind on uniforms. A nice, cool touch about the current gen that I actually miss!
No historic teams.
Limited editing of players, including no editing of equipment.
No team entrances or much of an introduction, just the panning of the camera as the announcers talk and they go right to the coin flip.

Don't get me wrong though - I love the next gen version! Some of this stuff is nit-picking but I just love it. Hopefully much of what made current gen cool will show up next year on next gen as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »