Home

Strange Poll Logic

This is a discussion on Strange Poll Logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2006, 03:56 AM   #1
Sideshow Bob!

throwmonkey's Arena

OVR: 8
Strange Poll Logic

So I just finished a 12-0 season as Washington after starting the season unranked. Right after the Apple Cup I'm ranked #10 and somewhat annoyed since I've beaten teams ranked in front of me. Simulate the next week, move up to #5. Simulate the next week, up to #3 tied with Louisville for 2nd in the BCS. Simulate the conference championship games, jump way past an also idle Louisville into the National Title Game.

In three idle weeks I moved up 8 spots, passing at least a few other teams that were idle that entire time also. Anyone else see anything like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2006, 09:10 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Strange Poll Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwmonkey
So I just finished a 12-0 season as Washington after starting the season unranked. Right after the Apple Cup I'm ranked #10 and somewhat annoyed since I've beaten teams ranked in front of me. Simulate the next week, move up to #5. Simulate the next week, up to #3 tied with Louisville for 2nd in the BCS. Simulate the conference championship games, jump way past an also idle Louisville into the National Title Game.

In three idle weeks I moved up 8 spots, passing at least a few other teams that were idle that entire time also. Anyone else see anything like this?
While your case sounds a little extreme, we've seen idle teams leapfrog teams that actually won games during their idle time. Another thing is that maybe say the #5 team was #5 based on the good teams it beat during the year but a few of those teams fall flat on their faces late then that #5 team is likely to go down. 8 teams is a little much but since you were undefeated I don't really get why you were #10 to begin with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »