Home

Angelo State, Division II - are they in the Playstation 2 version of the game?

This is a discussion on Angelo State, Division II - are they in the Playstation 2 version of the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2006, 11:14 AM   #9
Pro

southside_hitmen's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Angelo State, Division II - are they in the Playstation 2 version of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
To be fair, Valdosta State took FA(I)U behind the woodshed a couple of years ago, the same year they went to the D1-AA Tournament. Some upper tier D2 schools, like Valdosta and Pittsburgh St. (KS) could readily compete in D1-AA at a high level, and are probably better than a lot of D1-AA teams.
No doubt that there are some good teams in D-2, but to make a blanket statement saying that D-2 is far better than D-1AA (as the original poster said)is completely off base. Look at back when Marshall moved from 1AA to D-1A, they did very well against some of their 1A opponents because they were a top team at the time in 1AA. However, has anyone said that 1AA is better than 1A because of this, absolutely not. To say that because a top team in your division beats a team a division up that the whole divison is better just doesn't work. Georgia Southern always used to turn the game against Georgia (A perrenial top 25 team) into a dogfight, does that this mean the whole of 1AA is at the same level as Georgia Southern? I think the answer is no. Also, a lot of D2 teams don't even play D2 opponents all year long, as only half of their games are required to be played against D2 or above. Check it out on ncaa.org
Old 09-16-2006, 11:21 AM   #10
Pro

southside_hitmen's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Angelo State, Division II - are they in the Playstation 2 version of the game?

Also, we are not talking about just 1 year where a team played well against a team a division up. We have to look at the division as a whole. I would severly doubt that DII teams consistently beat D-1AA teams. When team plays well in division 2 consistently, they then have the opportunity to move up to 1-AA, not vice versa.

Furthermore, as stated above, D2 teams simply do not have the scholarships to consistently compete with 1-AA teams depth-wise either. When you consider that there are 36 scholarships they can give out, divided by 5 years (4 year eligibility plus a redshirt year) that only comes out to 7 scholarships per class. It is very hard to put together depth with those #'s.

Last edited by southside_hitmen; 09-16-2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:11 AM   #11
Rookie

KDayisBack's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
Hello,
Can someone with the Playstation 2 version of the game tell me if Division II team Angelo State is in the game?
Thanks
Why in the world you even ask that question if NO D2 teams are in the game?
Or maybe you just didn't know...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2006, 01:57 AM   #12
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDayisBack
Why in the world you even ask that question if NO D2 teams are in the game?
Or maybe you just didn't know...
You answered your own question. I had no idea there were no D2 teams in the game.
Satisfied with that answer?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »