Home

High school game

This is a discussion on High school game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Icon3 High school game

It would be nice if EA could make a high school football game using real high school teams. I know there was talk a couple years ago about this. Also how about a Div 1aa, or Div II, game? I still think there are posiablities for EA and this game engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: High school game

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
It would be nice if EA could make a high school football game using real high school teams. I know there was talk a couple years ago about this. Also how about a Div 1aa, or Div II, game? I still think there are posiablities for EA and this game engine.
I think the high school one would sell better than the lower ncaa divisions. You would have to have the team names customizeable as well has the conferences and have a ton of logos and field types. You could have a practice schedule too. Grades and behavior types should effect the team morale and performance. You could do this since you won't have to follow the NCAA guidelines. The biggest question is how to limit the number of teams. i am sure the file cannot handle whatever thousands of high schools there is. Maybe a conference per state, not sure. That would be the biggest hurdle i think in making the game.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I think the high school one would sell better than the lower ncaa divisions. You would have to have the team names customizeable as well has the conferences and have a ton of logos and field types. You could have a practice schedule too. Grades and behavior types should effect the team morale and performance. You could do this since you won't have to follow the NCAA guidelines. The biggest question is how to limit the number of teams. i am sure the file cannot handle whatever thousands of high schools there is. Maybe a conference per state, not sure. That would be the biggest hurdle i think in making the game.
I agree with the high school game. I think the posiblities are endless with the high school game. I think the game would have even more appeal because you could play with your alma matter. Run the winged T etc... I also think it would be unique to have a RB that runs a 4.8, 4.9 40. If EA could make a college baseball game (that I bought) I think they could make a high school game.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:44 AM   #4
Rookie

shanemaddox's Arena

OVR: 6

Here are my thoughts on this. Why not make a game, similiar to "create a team" feature in NCAA.

Have Nike, Adidas, Russell, Reebok, UA, etc. all have their template uniforms available.

Have about 500 different logos available, but make some of them with copies of current logos. I don't know how many high schools use the FSU spear, but there are several. Have that as a logo, but with the capabilities to color whatever part of decal you want.
Same with stripes and award stickers.

Have about 50-75 different fields, all from 2000 seats to 40000 seats.

Here is the best part, 2k sports would be able to make this game as well. Being able to upload somehow your own logos would be cool too. You could almost make a hobby out of it. I have about 250 high school logos in Ohio "vectored" to be made to any size. I would have fun making several of those schools.

Just use the same engine as now, but maybe record a high school band for fight songs.

Also, add cowbells and horns, and hear cheerleaders in background.

Just my thoughts,
Shane
Old 09-26-2006, 01:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Mr. Rad's Arena

OVR: 5
Thumbs up Re: High school game

I'd buy Shane's game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #6
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

I've done this with NCAA every time I have it. I create our HS conference, put them in the Big 12 (it's a North/South conference) and play out the schedule. It's pretty sweet.

I'd be game for this easily...vary the stadiums/songs/everything. Heck, maybe put something in there along the lines of the Forza decal editor to make our own logos.

Just make the game "Create-A-School"....I'd buy it.

Go Badgers!
Old 09-26-2006, 04:18 PM   #7
Rookie

KoachYo's Arena

OVR: 2

The price of the game will just go up more by using real HS. Now we will have to pay for HS, National and State HS Assoc. licensing.

Great idea for a game. I would play that all day (I love my Brainerd Panthers, Chattanooga TN). But I don't think that it is possible from a financial standpoint and you know that we the consumer will bear the cost.

Plus, if you decide to pick select HS, they will want some money as well, which may give that HS an unbalanced advantage financially (There is plenty enough cheating in HS, College, and Pro sports)
Old 09-26-2006, 04:44 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 62

This would be a cool idea, but I doubt it ever happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »