Home

Dynasty House Rules/Gameplay Suggestions Compilation (HELP!)

This is a discussion on Dynasty House Rules/Gameplay Suggestions Compilation (HELP!) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2006, 09:59 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Dynasty House Rules/Gameplay Suggestions Compilation (HELP!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
Wow, I use just about every one of those, but I wouldn't call them self-imposed "house rules".

I actually just play that way.
well they are definitely house rules whether you call them that or not because to not follow them and break those rules means no punter. i played a full season on heisman with ohio state and never used my punter one time because of the rules above. when i had to get a first, i would just abuse the crap out of the AI but this totally kills the fun long term.

i am the kind of guy who either needs the rule forever or ditch it. i am not going to only use rules in certain situations because then my success is dependent on how many times i end up in that situation.

but after playing this game for one month time, i am still wondering if EA is either:
a) has horrible beta testers that don't see the flaws that i see
b) does not put in the time that i put in in one months time to find these
c) does not care because losers like me will continue to buy their crap because there is no other football game out there
Old 11-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #18
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
well they are definitely house rules whether you call them that or not because to not follow them and break those rules means no punter. i played a full season on heisman with ohio state and never used my punter one time because of the rules above. when i had to get a first, i would just abuse the crap out of the AI but this totally kills the fun long term.

i am the kind of guy who either needs the rule forever or ditch it. i am not going to only use rules in certain situations because then my success is dependent on how many times i end up in that situation.

but after playing this game for one month time, i am still wondering if EA is either:
a) has horrible beta testers that don't see the flaws that i see
b) does not put in the time that i put in in one months time to find these
c) does not care because losers like me will continue to buy their crap because there is no other football game out there
I guess I was just saying that I don't recruit QB's with high speed ratings and I don't run the option because I DON'T LIKE THEM, not because they give me an unfair advantage. I've never been tempted to use them just because they were there...

Furthermore, I don't change audibles (I use the defaults) and I very rarely audible anyway because I'm too lazy.

Last edited by parker002; 11-02-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #19
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

I use T'fin's AA Sliders, and it was great for about 5 games. Then just like the original post I can just expose the cpu.

I guess I have a couple of questions.

1. If anyone has used T'fins and playmakers. Which one was harder or more fun... you know what I mean. Which would you recommend?

2. I'm not that great at recruiting at all. I have terrible Safeties, O-Line, and Defensive Tackles every year. I recruit recievers, pocket passers, and top notch corners. Any other ideas besides "house and dynasty rules" to make things harder?
Old 11-02-2006, 06:18 PM   #20
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedknick
During week 2 of offseason recruiting, go to the all prospects report and scroll down. Any recruit that has a red down arrow, is actually interested in your program eventhough they don't show in your interested prospects report. Simply scout them or offer them a scholarship and you will show up as one of the schools they want to go to and you have a really good shot at getting them.
Thanks man.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:51 AM   #21
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
I use T'fin's AA Sliders, and it was great for about 5 games. Then just like the original post I can just expose the cpu.

I guess I have a couple of questions.

1. If anyone has used T'fins and playmakers. Which one was harder or more fun... you know what I mean. Which would you recommend?

2. I'm not that great at recruiting at all. I have terrible Safeties, O-Line, and Defensive Tackles every year. I recruit recievers, pocket passers, and top notch corners. Any other ideas besides "house and dynasty rules" to make things harder?
1. Playmakers Heisman Sliders version 2.1 is better. Combo that with some of the house rules in the first post and it makes the game much better IMHO. It's a much more challenging game on the Heisman setting and I don't feel like I'm getting cheated out all the time. There's a good balance of gameplay experiences. Some games I'll get good plays out of my D-line and running game, other games I would just get flattened. I've also had a variety of games using my Canes dynasty. 27-23 win over Florida, 41-14 win over Miami University, 46-44 win over Oregon in the championship, 34-17 loss to FSU (non-dynasty game).

2. As far as recruiting goes, I try to focus on recruiting certain positions at Miami. I always look to get top notch Safeties (ala Ed Reed, Sean Taylor), fast LBs (ala DJ Williams, Jon Beason, Vilma) and athletic TE's (ala Kellen Winslow, Jeremy Shockey, Greg Olsen). Or look at Penn St. for example they're known as "Linebacker U."

Try to develop an identity with recruiting versus "the best player available" theory. I won the championship in my second year and I ended up with the #8 ranked class. Although not top-five, I was still satisfied because I loaded up on some very, very quick LB's that suit my Cover 2 style.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2006, 04:52 AM   #22
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10

1st post edited. Enjoy for those using these. If you still aren't using this and feel NCAA is a wash, I urge you to at least give these a shot.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:17 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 17

"and I don't feel like I'm getting cheated out all the time." this is how you describe your heisman settings and it is why I just refuse to play on heisman. The thought that these are good because I am not ALWAYS getting cheated doesn't cut it for me. I would be all about heisman except that it makes your DBs ******** and someone at EA should be smacked for that. Thank goodness the sliders make enough of a dramatic effect to save the game on AA level.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:44 AM   #24
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Thats too many rules for me to remember during the game. Alot of the stuff I do out of habit anyway....i tend to use small schools like Bowling Green & UNLV so getting good games isnt really a problem....I try to schedule good out of conf teams and hang close...rarely have I gone on the road and trashed a team that was ranked significantly higher than me except for Alabama...but they had their starting QB and RB out for the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »