Home

Xbox version of '07

This is a discussion on Xbox version of '07 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Xbox version of '07

I have a quick question... Are there some issues with the xbox version of NCAA '07?

I'm playing in the 2nd year of my campus legend and my first game is against the Yellow Jackets.

At half-time I was down 28-7. The GT QB is 7-20 for 286 yards and thier starting HB has 4 attempts for 93 yards. 3 of thier 4 scores have been over 75 yards (1 pass of 97 yards on 3rd and 21, 1 run of 78 yards after 4 broken takles, and 1 pass of 75 yards where my CB in 4-3 cover 2 on 2nd down charged the line on a fly patter (no play action empty backfield from the shotgun). The other score was a 83 yard fumble recovery for a touchdown after my qb fumbled the ball. Oddly enough my Legend (a 99 rated HB) was unable to catch the linebacker in a foot race. )

GT had full momentum and halfway through the 2nd quarter I backed from AA to Varsity and no difference. Now halfway through the 3rd quarter I'm playing on JV and I'm trading scores. So far I've fumbled 3 times and thrown 5 picks. 2 picks when I was hit throwing, 2 the qb threw the ball no where near the receiver (92 THP and 91 THA), and one that was just a horrible throw by me at the end of the first half.

I think it has to do with the momentum. I've been in other games where I get uncle Mo on my side and my team seems unstoppable and other times where I don't have uncle Mo I can't do crap.

Is there anyway to lessen the lopsiding effect of this on the Xbox? (HFA is already turned off)

UPDATE: After evening out the momentum at the end of the 3rd quarter and putting it back to AA I have a good game again. 41-34 I'm still down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Xbox version of '07

it's all about making the right decisions (whether to go for it on 4th and 1 or kick it, etc.), if you make too many risky decisions, that's where you're going to lose ALOT of momentum, it's almost realistic to say, because those risky decisions are potentially game-changing plays in terms of "what if"
Old 01-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Xbox version of '07

momentum is extreme in this game. I play reg xbox as well. Here are my personal rules for conserving momentum (barring other game-specific situations)--

If the CPU has full momentum, I go for it on 4th down no matter what if I am past my own 35 yard line (if I'm not in FG range)

If I have momentum and I am in borderline FG-punt range on 4th down, never go for the FG. If you miss it, the CPU will get a lot of momentum, and it isn't worth it, so just punt and you will probably hold them to a 4th down.

Always take the ball if you win the coin toss. Make sure you score though. If the CPU opens with a score, the game can be over before you know it.

If the CPU just got a TD (and momentum) and you get the kickoff and start your next drive, NEVER throw deep right away. Guaranteed pick, even in single coverage. Do runs or short passes to open WRs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »