Home

Something fun to do when you're bored

This is a discussion on Something fun to do when you're bored within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2007, 01:30 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Something fun to do when you're bored

2009 - 2-10
2010 - 7-6 (Champs Sports Bowl Win)
2011 - 3-9
2012 - 3-9
2013 - 7-6 (Liberty Bowl Win)
2014 - 3-9
2015 - 8-5 (Poinsettia Bowl Win)
2016 - 2-10
2017 - 5-7

I'm amazed that I've lasted here for 9 years with only 3 winning seasons and 6 horrible ones. And, what's worse, 5-7 was enough to get me a 4-year contract extension.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:29 PM   #10
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

OVR: 5

NoleFan,
What are you playing on? I finished that one season and only got 11 signings and the worst incoming class. I am still new to the 360 recruiting. I had #2 recruiting class with Clemson in another dynasty. I guess I need to go after more 1 stars. I went after mostly 2 stars and a couple of 3 stars.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #11
Pro

southside_hitmen's Arena

OVR: 8

I do this quite a bit as well. I will either take over all three service academies or the entire Sun Belt and try to turn all the teams into powerhouses.

I will keep all the teams in the Sun Belt and sometimes play Out of Conference games, but sim the Conference games. Keeps it entertaining and its nice to see your hard work pay off when 3 Sun Belt teams finish the year in the Top 10!

For the service academies I'll do the same and either sim the whole season or play the games when they aren't playing each other.

The other thing I will do is pick a few different types of offenses and pick teams that run them. I may go with Nevada and the Pistol, hawaii and the Run and Shoot, Navy and the flexbone, turn Nebraska back in time and run their option atack out of the I, or Oklahoma out of the Wishbone. It keeps the game fresh for me as you are not stuck on one style of offense or defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside_hitmen
I do this quite a bit as well. I will either take over all three service academies or the entire Sun Belt and try to turn all the teams into powerhouses.

I will keep all the teams in the Sun Belt and sometimes play Out of Conference games, but sim the Conference games. Keeps it entertaining and its nice to see your hard work pay off when 3 Sun Belt teams finish the year in the Top 10!

For the service academies I'll do the same and either sim the whole season or play the games when they aren't playing each other.

The other thing I will do is pick a few different types of offenses and pick teams that run them. I may go with Nevada and the Pistol, hawaii and the Run and Shoot, Navy and the flexbone, turn Nebraska back in time and run their option atack out of the I, or Oklahoma out of the Wishbone. It keeps the game fresh for me as you are not stuck on one style of offense or defense.
I just use 1 team and do all the work for them. It's really tough in the Big 11. The best team I've had so far was this year when we were B+, B, B+ and we only finished 7-6 (L in bowl game). There was a stretch of about 5 games where my qb didn't throw for 100 yards. I had a pretty good bit of injuries as well as suspensions. The suspensions mainly come from me not scouting during recruiting because with having my budget set at 33-34-33 I simply can't afford to scout. I still get atleast 10 signees in the offseason though. Heck, I got the #35 class after a 3-9 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8kevin
NoleFan,
What are you playing on? I finished that one season and only got 11 signings and the worst incoming class. I am still new to the 360 recruiting. I had #2 recruiting class with Clemson in another dynasty. I guess I need to go after more 1 stars. I went after mostly 2 stars and a couple of 3 stars.
I'm on current gen Xbox

Last edited by NoleFan; 01-15-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:40 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

believe it or not.... I got SJSU to a point where they won 4 nc's in a row. I started out slowly building a good team. it took me about 4 seasons before I even got a 4* recruit. but after that player it was all downhill. by years 6-7 i won the wac 2 years in a row. then joined the pac-10. after that I was recruiting top 10 classes every year and SJSU eventually won 6 out of 9 nc's. it got boring so by year 18 or so I took over a 2* texas program
Old 01-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphy1
believe it or not.... I got SJSU to a point where they won 4 nc's in a row. I started out slowly building a good team. it took me about 4 seasons before I even got a 4* recruit. but after that player it was all downhill. by years 6-7 i won the wac 2 years in a row. then joined the pac-10. after that I was recruiting top 10 classes every year and SJSU eventually won 6 out of 9 nc's. it got boring so by year 18 or so I took over a 2* texas program
Geez! I can't even put together 2 good years in a row. I'll get the team up to a 3-star then have a bad year and end up back at a 2-star.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:30 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

We finally put together 2 semi-successful seasons...

2018 - 7-6 (Bowl Game, L)
2019 - 6-6

My career record: 60-112 (14 years)

I started this thing just for ****s and giggles but now I'm obsessed with using Purdue to beget world domination...well ateast college football domination.

Last edited by NoleFan; 01-15-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2007, 09:47 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
We finally put together 2 semi-successful seasons...

2018 - 7-6 (Bowl Game, L)
2019 - 6-6

My career record: 60-112 (14 years)

I started this thing just for ****s and giggles but now I'm obsessed with using Purdue to beget world domination...well ateast college football domination.
dude, when u sim only u really gotta focus on recruiting and make sure u recruit players who fit your system. also, to make it more realistic, never recruit players that are rated higher than your program(ex, 2*prog, never recruit higher than a 3*). only exception i make is if they are in your homestate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »