Home

CPU FG accuracy fix!!

This is a discussion on CPU FG accuracy fix!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2007, 12:46 PM   #1
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
CPU FG accuracy fix!!

If you are frustrated with the CPU never missing FGs or XPs no matter what difficulty you play on, then I have some good news. I played a game where the CPU nailed 4 FGs over 40 yds, and almost each was straight through the uprights. I was left scratching my head, as well as ticked because I lost the game 26-24 (good game though). Long story short, I found a pennant that says "Thread & Needle" #225 (XBox) version. This pennant narrows the uprights when the opponent tries a field goal. Wow!! It's like playing NCAA with Arena football uprights. Seriously fellas, this is huge for those who have beat their head against the wall trying to figure how to make the CPU less accurate.

All you have to do is go to the Pennant Collection screen, click the R stick and enter 06. As in NCAA 06. The pennant should appear. The code can actually be found in the NCAA 2007 guide (thank you Best Buy for the freebie with my purchase on release date).

I'm pumped because I always thought Pennants and cheats were a complete waste of time, but for once they actually make up for a programming deficiency.

I tested this over 2 games where I kept trying to turn the ball over so the CPU had good field position and could get into field goal range. Both games only had moderate wind (6-12 mph). Not the largest sample size, but my results were:

FGMade 7
FGAttempts 12
Long Made 48 yds
Long Attempted 54 yds
XP Made 5
XP Attempted 6 (Yes, they missed an XP!!)

FYI - I play on AA with FGA at 0 (which may be bumped up a tad now depending on your preference) and FGL at 35.

I recall RudyJuly hoping there was some sort of code for the game where the CPU would make less than 100% of their FGs. Here ya go Rudy!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: CPU FG accuracy fix!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I recall RudyJuly hoping there was some sort of code for the game where the CPU would make less than 100% of their FGs. Here ya go Rudy!

Holy crap! Great find! Can you test this out in practice mode as well? Does this also apply to the user or just the CPU? I'm going to definately have to try this. Thanks.

Rudy
Old 01-15-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

[quote=rudyjuly2;2879264]Holy crap! Great find! Can you test this out in practice mode as well? Does this also apply to the user or just the CPU? I'm going to definately have to try this. Thanks.

Rudy, I knew you would be all over this! I have only been able to use in play now or Dynasty, where you must have Campus Challenge activated and then use one of your pennants. I haven't tried Practice Mode because I was so freaking pumped that this actually worked. There is so much more drama to the kicking game now (like there should be in college football).

I'll try to use in Practice Mode as well when I get a chance. Good luck to you!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

I'll have to try this tonight. It might have to wait until after 24 since I won't have time before it. This fix is sorely needed. Thanks again!

Edit: This will work on any system it appears. I think its only for your opponent.

PS2: http://www.gamerankings.com/cheats/932197
360: http://www.secretcodeslive.com/cheat...&st=60147&rl=1

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 01-15-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:07 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 62

Wow a pennant finally serves a legit purpose. Too bad EA couldn't otherwise account for this with some simple beta testing and programming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2007, 01:08 AM   #6
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Long story short, I found a pennant that says "Thread & Needle" #225 (XBox) version. This pennant narrows the uprights when the opponent tries a field goal. Wow!! It's like playing NCAA with Arena football uprights. Seriously fellas, this is huge for those who have beat their head against the wall trying to figure how to make the CPU less accurate.

All you have to do is go to the Pennant Collection screen, click the R stick and enter 06. As in NCAA 06. The pennant should appear. The code can actually be found in the NCAA 2007 guide (thank you Best Buy for the freebie with my purchase on release date).
Okay, I'm confused. I played this pennant at the start of my dynasty game, and I could tell on the opening kickoff that the FG uprights on both ends of the field were narrowed. However, after the first XP/FG attempt, the uprights returned to their normal width. And once you've played the pennant, its gone and I can't find any way to use it again in the same game.

Unless I'm missing something, this pennant only has an effect for one XP/FG attempt per game.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:39 AM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmus
Okay, I'm confused. I played this pennant at the start of my dynasty game, and I could tell on the opening kickoff that the FG uprights on both ends of the field were narrowed. However, after the first XP/FG attempt, the uprights returned to their normal width. And once you've played the pennant, its gone and I can't find any way to use it again in the same game.

Unless I'm missing something, this pennant only has an effect for one XP/FG attempt per game.
Really? That's disappointing. I just tried it out last night a bit and didn't play a full game just to see the effects. You can't use the pennant in practice mode either so its hard to test exactly how accurate and effective it is. EA better fix this in future versions and if they keep the right analog stick they need to add a drift to the arrow like 2k did to make it more challenging. Kicking a 45 yard field goal is a 50/50 proposition in college football but they are automatic in this game. Just go back to the old kick meter system is the best solution imo.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:17 PM   #8
Rookie

Plez's Arena

OVR: 5

i played a half last nigth in my indiana dynasty and the uprights were narrow for both of uconn's fg attempts, they made the first and missed the second. my uprights were normal width.

plez

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »