Home

Recruiting looks great!

This is a discussion on Recruiting looks great! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #25
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Recruiting looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
In general I want to make sure that the middle tier schools have to work hard to get thier recruits and make sure the 4 and 5* recruits are few and far between

Yes! It sounds like they've made recruiting more difficult for the mid and lower tier schools because each school will also be graded in specific categories (academic prestige, fan base, championship contender, pro factory). Obviously, not all schools will be graded the same... and we'll have to hope that what our school is good at matches what the recruits are looking for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2007, 07:26 PM   #26
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
recruiting is nice and i play offline but if you have a good dynasty mode from what im seeing the game play still looks like **** and animations are wack
I could play dynasty without playing a game. Recruiting is incredibly important.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 06-08-2007, 07:31 PM   #27
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I could play dynasty without playing a game. Recruiting is incredibly important.
I can do this too for some time, but then I just get too tempted to play with my new recruits that I start playing the game myself.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #28
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

it seems that there r 85 man rosters in the game since when u saw the screen at the end, the top recruiting classes all signed almost 25 players. I really think with the integrity bar this year teams wouldn't oversign and cut players.

Only concern I had was that some of the top teams signed some 1 star players. All the players in the top 10 recruiting classes should be 2 star or higher.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #29
stewaat

OVR:

The 1-star guys could've been kickers/punters/fullbacks

Old 06-08-2007, 07:56 PM   #30
MVP

DLaren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS

Same here...I enjoyed the franchise-mode so much in Madden'07 (PS2) that all I did was sim the games and focus on team developement...

Looks like NCAA'08 will have enough depth for me to do the same thing; hopefully the gameplay will be irresistably good too.

Last edited by DLaren; 06-08-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #31
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
it seems that there r 85 man rosters in the game since when u saw the screen at the end, the top recruiting classes all signed almost 25 players. I really think with the integrity bar this year teams wouldn't oversign and cut players.

Only concern I had was that some of the top teams signed some 1 star players. All the players in the top 10 recruiting classes should be 2 star or higher.
I think that if they upped the rosters to 85 that would be one of the first things they mentioned about the new and improved Dynasty mode, but we'll see.

The high number of one-star players signing with high prestige teams was a bit strange, but it probably work out o.k. in that it can simulate the number of two and three stars players that end up being total busts in real life.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #32
MVP

If there really are 85 man rosters, then you probably will see a number of 1 and 2 star guys on every team's roster. If every player was a 3 or above, there is no way you could ever keep them happy. On an 85 man roster, there will probably be 2 or 3 one star guys on the top teams every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »