Home

New Formations!

This is a discussion on New Formations! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #17
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: New Formations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
A lot. Texas in 2005, Nebraska in 94, 95, and 97, FSU in 93, Colorado in 1990,
Notre Dame in 1988, and Oklahoma in 1985. Krenzel at OSU is debatable.

Your attempt to praise Tejas has failed.
Ooooooh. The research wins again!
Old 06-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Are all of the formations in every playbook? Like a default playbook? Or is the Wildcat exclusive to Arkansas and whomever else runs it?
Can we customize playbooks this year?
Old 06-10-2007, 11:04 PM   #19
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
A lot. Texas in 2005, Nebraska in 94, 95, and 97, FSU in 93, Colorado in 1990,
Notre Dame in 1988, and Oklahoma in 1985. Krenzel at OSU is debatable.

Your attempt to praise Tejas has failed.

Only one of those team had a 1000 yard rusher and a 2000 yard passer. I was not trying to tout Texas. I was making a point that not many teams in history have had both great passing and running at the QB position in a given year. It is either one or the other.

You put Nebraska in there which maybe passed for 2000 yards combined in those 3 years, FSU in 93 which Charlie Ward ran well but not quite as mobile as most QB's in the ACC. CU in 90 ran the ball 80% of the time out of the triple I, Notre Dame in 88 was an option team and OU in 88 was a wishbone team... All of those teams ran extremely well and passed occasionally. Krenzel at OSU was a great decision maker but ran for few yards...
Old 06-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #20
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Ooooooh. The research wins again!
Did you read my post or just say "ooooohhh research wins"?

I do not believe that any of those QB's listed other than VY passed for 2000 and ran for 1000... I may be wrong...
Old 06-10-2007, 11:11 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
All offenses can be stopped. For this one, you have to control your DE and contain with him to start with.
That isn't going to stop it if the person is smart. They'll just set you up with the sweep motion and have a play going the other way or go with a pass play. At least that's what I would do if someone starts playing over that side with the DE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeharrell
Are all of the formations in every playbook? Like a default playbook? Or is the Wildcat exclusive to Arkansas and whomever else runs it?
Can we customize playbooks this year?
I know another book that it is in but I don't want anyone using it cause I'll be using it so I'm not going to say. But you have other formations that will have the Jet Sweep in them or Slot Sweep. So even if your playbook doesn't have the Wildcat formation it is bound to have a sweep play somewhere.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:17 PM   #23
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn35
Did you read my post or just say "ooooohhh research wins"?

I do not believe that any of those QB's listed other than VY passed for 2000 and ran for 1000... I may be wrong...
I read your post and I believe you are correct with the 2000/1000 accomplishment. I was just referring to the generalization of the mobile QB. There have been several mobile QBs to win the NC. However, VY is in a class by himself with numbers and probably talent. I know Frazier never had those numbers, but was mobile (not really a passing offense back then).

I can't recall Charlie Ward's numbers, but dude was mobile and could kill you with this arm as well as his feet. Numbers are likely shy of VYs though.

I was just throwing out some sarcasm.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:17 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
then again, it's just a video game so i guess it's supposed to be a little childish.
Nah man...screw THAT!

Gaming is not just for kids any more (or less more than 1/2 the people at OS and other forums would not be playing)!

Gameplay and tactics not withstanding, the actual playing of games is no better or worse than reading a book, watching a movie, listening to a CD or touring an art gallery...all are legitimate forms of entertainment and all have their positives and negatives....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »