Home

'07 When the CPU selects to Kickoff

This is a discussion on '07 When the CPU selects to Kickoff within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2007, 01:22 AM   #1
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
'07 When the CPU selects to Kickoff

I know that most people have moved on from '07, but I haven't quite finished whining yet:

A while back, one of the astute OS members observed that if the CPU wins the opening coin toss and decides to kick-off, that the player can anticipate a difficult game. Actually, his exact wording was more along the lines of "Get ready to bend over and take it up %#$!@#."

I didn't give much credence to at the time, but I did remember it. Now several months later, I think I am inclined to agree. It seems that everytime the CPU wins the coin flip, and kicks off, I am doomed. Even getting the early momentum (which usually translates into an easy win) doesn't help.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Btw, this is on current gen Xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2007, 04:36 AM   #2
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: '07 When the CPU selects to Kickoff

My friends and I noticed this two years ago; it definitely makes a difference.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #3
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

lol...I always score the first drive when the CPU kicks, and I can't recall losing, since its happened like only 5 times.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #4
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Btw, this is on current gen Xbox.
I played many seasons on the ps2, which is the same game as your's. While the momentum was a little overdone, no game was impossible to win if you played right and didn't go crazy as soon as they got momentum. You just had to know how to play within the limits of the game.

Well, I take that back. The only time it was impossible to win a game was when the cpu challenged and won a review that took away a TD you just made. Your players would lose like 45 ability points and stay that way for the whole game. It was a horrible glitch.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
I played many seasons on the ps2, which is the same game as your's.
I don't know if that's true for 07, but it definitely wasn't true for 2004 and 2005.

As for the CPU kickoff, I noticed they usually did it whenever they had a large talent advantage over your team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #6
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

I'm not saying it was an automatic loss when the CPU kicked off, but I noticed it was always a tougher game.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoldier
I'm not saying it was an automatic loss when the CPU kicked off, but I noticed it was always a tougher game.
Right, that is my assertion as well...not necessarily an automatic loss, but a tougher game than it would otherwise be. Which if true, would suggest the game has some type of predetermination to it.

For me this is a little frustrating, because I am not that good at the game, and make plenty of mistakes on my own to lose. On the same note, if I am playing a USC or Ohio St, I have no complaints if they are unstoppable....they should be. So I don't mind losing so much, but I don't need the game deciding that a sub-par 2-7 team is going to come to my stadium and suddenly turn into the best team in the country before the opening kick off.

I should also point out that there have been times that the game does the opposite. I have waltzed in the Columbus and shutout the top seeded buckeyes. I don't like these either.....so anticlimatic.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #8
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Right, that is my assertion as well...not necessarily an automatic loss, but a tougher game than it would otherwise be. Which if true, would suggest the game has some type of predetermination to it.

For me this is a little frustrating, because I am not that good at the game, and make plenty of mistakes on my own to lose. On the same note, if I am playing a USC or Ohio St, I have no complaints if they are unstoppable....they should be. So I don't mind losing so much, but I don't need the game deciding that a sub-par 2-7 team is going to come to my stadium and suddenly turn into the best team in the country before the opening kick off.

I should also point out that there have been times that the game does the opposite. I have waltzed in the Columbus and shutout the top seeded buckeyes. I don't like these either.....so anticlimatic.
To me it's not that they play out-of-this-world good those games; it's that they play the game as they should play the game. Many times I get frustrated because the CPU does stupid stuff that they would never do in a real life situation. Yeah, it makes winning the game easier, but it's just not realistic. I'm a sim player that always plays on Heisman and I want a challenge, damnit. They also need to make sure the CPU mixes up between picking to receive, kick, or defer. Just make it random if you have to, but 99% of the time they pick to receive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »