Home

What are the differences between Current and Next Gen?

This is a discussion on What are the differences between Current and Next Gen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2007, 02:57 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: What are the differences between Current and Next Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
Thanks for confirming that the current gen does indeed have much more than the next gen versions did last year. Trying to minimize these differences doesn't answer the original question that was asked. The poster wasnted to know what was different, not why "next gen rulz and current gen sux".

All it takes is 1 stadium to make a differnce in what ones are authentic. If your favorite team has a generic stadium in one game, but has the authentic one in another, it makes a big difference.

Trick plays are big part of college football. Guess you must have missed the Fiesta Bowl last year.

I don't know what realistic player models has to with responsive controls. The movements can be lifelike AND be responsive.

The teams? Are you kidding me? The next gen versions were missing an entire level. Like stadiums, to some people a single team can make a world of difference.

At least it's obvious that your agenda is to bash Xbox/PS2 versions to vaidate your decision to get a 360 or PS3. I'll move up to the new generation once they've added back all of the content from the last generation.
"Next gen rulz and current gen sux"??? Come on chief, what are you on page 1 of Witty Internet Thread Comebacks? That was lame. Try again.

I'm glad you enjoy the current gen. Again my point is I did too....five years ago.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:59 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
So why spend so much time and energy trying to belittle those of us who want more than that?
I made a light post filled with analogies. Not meaning to offend. You came back at me with venom defending MY old current gen. I simply told you "Take it, I don't want it anymore.."

I apologize to all who were offended by my intrusion BACK into the world of current gen. I saw Current Gen and Next Gen used in the same sentence, I thought it was my duty to respond. In the future I will just reminisce about the good ol days of current gen and leave you guys alone.

Last edited by njskillz; 06-15-2007 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #35
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
I made a light post filled with analogies. Not meaning to offend. You came back at me with venom defending MY old current gen. I simply told you "Take it, I don't want it anymore.."

I apologize to all who were offended by my intrusion BACK into the world of current gen. I saw Current Gen and Next Gen used in the same sentence, I thought it was my duty to respond. In the future I will just reminisce about the good ol days of current gen and leave you guys alone.
LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

current gen offers coop and camera angles of my choosing. I'll probably be playing current gen NCAA on my PS3. Backasswards I know.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #37
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Again, what are these "on the field" gameplay issues that current gen "sim" players have a problem with? As I stated, on those "rare" occasions when I was able to find a "sim" player in next gen, the games were great, defensive battles.
Its wasn't an X's and O's thing for me and I play a realistic style of football. Its the feel and fun factor of the game. I only had the 360 version for a week (brother lent me his system and rented the game) and I found it dull. The presentation was weak, it stuttered and above everything else I didn't like the control of the players. I like how quick and responsive the game was on the PS2 and the 360 was a letdown for me in those areas. It felt like a chore to play the 360 version when the better PS2 version was just sitting there (imo of course).

The fact the NG '08 version is running at 60 fps and with much better control due to the branch animations sounds like a huge improvement imo. However I still love the PS2 version. I only play offline so most of my concerns can be handled through sliders.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:14 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
"Next gen rulz and current gen sux"??? Come on chief, what are you on page 1 of Witty Internet Thread Comebacks? That was lame. Try again.
Not trying to be witty, I just sounded like language a guy with the tag of "skillz" would use.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:04 PM   #39
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

does anyone know if defensive smart routes are in next gen?
Old 06-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #40
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
does anyone know if defensive smart routes are in next gen?
I'm pretty sure that's ps2/xbox only.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »