Home

"Weapons" In NCAA???

This is a discussion on "Weapons" In NCAA??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2007, 08:47 PM   #9
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Maddens "Weapons" In NCAA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Total player attributes in NCAA & MADDEN 360 & PS3

Global Ratings

Speed
Strength
Acceleration
Agility
Jumping
Awareness
Injury
Stamina
Toughness
Importance

QB
Throw Power
Throw Accuracy
Elusiveness
Trucking & or Break Tackle

RB&FB

Carrying
Catching
Ball Carrier Vision
Juke Movie
Spin Move
Stiff Arm
Elusiveness
Impact Blocking

WR&TE

Route Running
Release

Catching
Carrying
Catch in Traffic
Spectacular Catch

Ball Carrier Vision
Juke Movie
Spin Move
Stiff Arm
Elusiveness
Kick Return

OL

Impact Block
Run Block
Pass Block
Run Block Footwork
Run Block Strength
Pass Block Footwork
Pass Block Strength

DL

Power Moves
Finesse Moves
Block Shedding
Pursuit
Play Recognition
Tackle
Hit Power

LB

Block Shedding
Hit Power
Tackle
Pursuit
Play Recognition
Power Moves
Finesse Moves
Man Coverage
Zone Coverage

DB

Man Coverage
Zone Coverage
Press
Power Moves
Finesse Moves
Block Shedding
Hit Power
Pursuit
Play Recognition
Tackle
Kick Return

K

Kick Power
Kick Accuracy

Apparently it looks like NCAA has weapons as well just without the visual icons. When EA fist announced this feature for Madden the first thing that came to mind was if Madden is getting new ratings then NCAA has to get them as well. Because if you want to export your campus legend to superstar or do draft classes where are the ratings going to come from? But I could not find any hard proof until now thx to the great detective work of Madsci, rhombic, cdj, moos and bangpow at community day.

Although I am a little surprised that the developers failed to talk about this (yet). Madden and NCAA both share the same engine from the branching animations to gang tackling to the new fatigue system, hit stick 2.0 etc.... So it only makes logical sense that there should be shut down corners in NCAA, Hard Hitting Safetys, and WR's who make those spectacular one handed grabs that we saw in the sizzle video.

From the looks of it that seems to be the case and if these ratings where added for that reason and not just for cosmetic purposes (Moos has already confirmed one handed spectacular catchs) you should see the star players and the players who are good in certain areas shine more in the game. Again if these aren't just added for cosmetic purposes it should really help the players seperate themselves more than they did last year but it doesn't look like the Smart LB and Smart QB and the "weapons" icons will be used in NCAA but at least we get the new ratings.

The ratings that are underlined are the new ones this year.
Spot on russell. The new ratings and the ones added last year add so much depth to the game. Like you said, these ratings will help seperate players. Now there is a use for all the different types of players in football. I may actually recruit a possession receiver or a power back. Now there are ratings that could produce a true run stopping DE. I stayed away from corners who didn't have blazing speed in current gen because I felt speed was more valuable than the bigger/stronger corners but with the press, man, and zone coverage ratings I can recruit a slower corner because he may excel in all or some of those ratings.

This could allow for more ''busts'' in recruiting too. You may bring in a 5* wide receiver with blazing speed but may be a terrible route runner and can't beat press coverage or how about a 5* corner who runs a 4.16 forty (I know no one runs a 4.16) but gets whooped in press coverage...lots of possibilities with these ratings. I think it is real important that there be a good mix of players in the recruiting pool. I'd hate to see every ''big back'' have little to now elusiveness/juke ability or every ''speed back'' have little to no strength/break tackle ability.

Again, like you said, the key factor is if the ratings actually work and are not just for show.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:51 PM   #10
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Maddens "Weapons" In NCAA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurd2817
Spot on russell. The new ratings and the ones added last year add so much depth to the game. Like you said, these ratings will help seperate players. Now there is a use for all the different types of players in football. I may actually recruit a possession receiver or a power back. Now there are ratings that could produce a true run stopping DE. I stayed away from corners who didn't have blazing speed in current gen because I felt speed was more valuable than the bigger/stronger corners but with the press, man, and zone coverage ratings I can recruit a slower corner because he may excel in all or some of those ratings.

This could allow for more ''busts'' in recruiting too. You may bring in a 5* wide receiver with blazing speed but may be a terrible route runner and can't beat press coverage or how about a 5* corner who runs a 4.16 forty (I know no one runs a 4.16) but gets whooped in press coverage...lots of possibilities with these ratings. I think it is real important that there be a good mix of players in the recruiting pool. I'd hate to see every ''big back'' have little to now elusiveness/juke ability or every ''speed back'' have little to no strength/break tackle ability.

Again, like you said, the key factor is if the ratings actually work and are not just for show.
Amen.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:55 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: "Weapons" In NCAA???

Nice find
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2007, 11:08 PM   #12
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

I think they need to add a deep ball accuracy rating for QBs.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

A couple of things I noticed.

1.No kick return attribute for RB/FB's
2.WR/TE's lack of blocking rating's
3.A nice overlap of attributes for defensive players (good for DE/OLB, SS/LB hybrids)
Old 06-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #14
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
A couple of things I noticed.

1.No kick return attribute for RB/FB's
2.WR/TE's lack of blocking rating's
3.A nice overlap of attributes for defensive players (good for DE/OLB, SS/LB hybrids)
No everyone has a kick return rating I just posted it that way and TE's and WR's have blocking ratings as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »