Home

Has there been any word on AA vs Heisman?

This is a discussion on Has there been any word on AA vs Heisman? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
Has there been any word on AA vs Heisman?

Im not sure if anyone has been able to play this on Heisman yet and what the impressions are between the two. Ive always found the gameplay on Heisman vs AA has often been one of the biggest problems when the game has been bad. Its always seemed like Heisman cheats for the CPU too much while AA has always been too easy. In any case, does anyone know anything about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2007, 09:08 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Has there been any word on AA vs Heisman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
Im not sure if anyone has been able to play this on Heisman yet and what the impressions are between the two. Ive always found the gameplay on Heisman vs AA has often been one of the biggest problems when the game has been bad. Its always seemed like Heisman cheats for the CPU too much while AA has always been too easy. In any case, does anyone know anything about this?
I played all my games on Heisman, but mostly against another person. However, I did start a game against the CPU on Heisman and the CPU didn't seem to "cheat". I only played for about a half, though.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

My biggest problem with Heisman last year was the cpu abusing jump the snap and how bad the inside running game was. The CPU LB's just crashed the middle of the field forcing you to constantly bounce runs outside to get yardage. It wasn't fun for me because of that and AA with slider adjustments to make it harder worked really well for me last year. I just couldn't use jump the snap (don't use the speed burst when playing as a DL) since you could abuse it on AA. We'll have to see how the new game plays. Hopefully somebody will get an advanced copy.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:34 AM   #4
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
My biggest problem with Heisman last year was the cpu abusing jump the snap and how bad the inside running game was.
hell yea, the cpu knew my snap count no matter what it was, on 1, on 3, on 12, didn't matter, they always got a great jump.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:46 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
I played all my games on Heisman, but mostly against another person. However, I did start a game against the CPU on Heisman and the CPU didn't seem to "cheat". I only played for about a half, though.
Thanks

Quote:
My biggest problem with Heisman last year was the cpu abusing jump the snap and how bad the inside running game was. The CPU LB's just crashed the middle of the field forcing you to constantly bounce runs outside to get yardage. It wasn't fun for me because of that and AA with slider adjustments to make it harder worked really well for me last year. I just couldn't use jump the snap (don't use the speed burst when playing as a DL) since you could abuse it on AA. We'll have to see how the new game plays. Hopefully somebody will get an advanced copy.
Yeah, this is the case every year. And its amazing how the AA/Heisman problem always seems to get lost in the shuffle with all the other stuff (namely new features) getting the focus. And its like when the new features work and dont ruin the game, people breathe a sigh of relief and move on to something else while forgetting about the AA/Heisman issue. At the same time though Im sure its hard given how they let them play the game and with the limited time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2007, 12:54 AM   #6
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
I despised the jump the snap feature. Outside of the computer abusing it(and really, how often does a Olineman get pancaked? next to never), When I would use it successfully and knock the olineman over I wouldn't be able to get past him. I would get stuck on him and have to go around him.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:57 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
I despised the jump the snap feature. Outside of the computer abusing it(and really, how often does a Olineman get pancaked? next to never), When I would use it successfully and knock the olineman over I wouldn't be able to get past him. I would get stuck on him and have to go around him.
I think I read something about it but Ive read a lot of things the last couple of days and its all a little muddled. Whats the story on that being in 2008?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:04 AM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
I think I read something about it but Ive read a lot of things the last couple of days and its all a little muddled. Whats the story on that being in 2008?
I've heard jump the snap is still in the game and you can't turn it off. People at the community day seemed to feel it was better but there wasn't a lot of feedback. Since there were no human vs. cpu games its impossible to know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »