Home

Ok EA...time to work on presentation

This is a discussion on Ok EA...time to work on presentation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2007, 05:27 PM   #49
Rookie

worldb's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Ok EA...time to work on presentation

For me, gameplay is the thing, but I couldn't agree with this more...

-More fight songs. It would be nice to hear the band being played after an interception or maybe a specific song played after first downs. Also generic songs that most teams played should be in. It would make it feel more like a college game if the band played more.>>
Old 06-20-2007, 05:33 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 4

I honestly think that all they would need to do is show the teams going through pre-game routines(ie, punters punting, qbs throwing, lines hitting each other etc.) and highlight a couple players from each team, then have the teams go back into the lockers and do the entrances.... away runs on to the field to boo's(except at Bowls, neutral games), then you get shots from amongst the crowd as the home team takes the field with the band playing and the fans going nuts.... UT, UM, Miami, etc. can have specific entrences.... UW for example can have the male cheerleader running with a flag, Husky running with them through a tunnel made by the band.... all the while you are listening to basic stuff from the announcers and doing the coin flip, choosing sides etc.

Pregame shows are great, but they do get old unless there is a lot of work into them. MLB2k7 had a nice intro showing the stadium.... but it was stupid after the first season... they always quoted stats from 2006... makes a lot of sense in 2010.... they also said pretty much the same thing every game and were even sometimes talking about a poor season and hope for the future when my team was in first because in 2006 they had a losing record....

I think they did it right, get gameplay tight and get recruiting to a whole new level...then worry about stuff like a pregame show.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 5

I don't buy the "do you know how long this would take" argument. Does anyone remember a little game called Bill Walsh college football? They had highlights from other games in that and that was on the Genesis! They COULD put all that we've talked about in the game, but we would probably have to for-go other things like campus legend. This is fine by me, but I might be in the minority in that line of thinking. Like everyone keeps saying, hopefully in the next installments of this game they will stay away from "gimmick" additions and add what makes college football great; ATMOSPHERE/PAGENTRY!!!!!! 08 still looks awesome though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1981
I don't buy the "do you know how long this would take" argument. Does anyone remember a little game called Bill Walsh college football? They had highlights from other games in that and that was on the Genesis!
Do you have any idea how many more textures and the like are on PS3/360 vs the Genesis??! Just look at the graphics man, it's more than just a simple color swap like it was in the Genesis days.

I do agree with you I want the highlights in as well but you cannot compare the Genesis to this generation as there is so much more complexity now than there was then.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-20-2007, 06:29 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Do you have any idea how many more textures and the like are on PS3/360 vs the Genesis??! Just look at the graphics man, it's more than just a simple color swap like it was in the Genesis days.

I do agree with you I want the highlights in as well but you cannot compare the Genesis to this generation as there is so much more complexity now than there was then.
Yea, I agree that is a bad comparison, lol. But i'm just saying, it seems entirely plausible. Dang it! I want highlights and a dynamic crowd LOL
Old 06-20-2007, 06:30 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Yea, I agree that is a bad comparison, lol. But i'm just saying, it seems entirely plausible. Dang it! I want highlights and a dynamic crowd LOL
You are right, I know they could do it if they wanted to do it. I just feel like EA will never do things like this because they are entirely convinced that people just real fast click a button to make it go away. And I notice anytime I play online for games which feature halftime shows the other user always skips through it too so maybe they are right it's silly to waste time on it as most people don't seem to want to watch it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 06-20-2007, 06:35 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You are right, I know they could do it if they wanted to do it. I just feel like EA will never do things like this because they are entirely convinced that people just real fast click a button to make it go away. And I notice anytime I play online for games which feature halftime shows the other user always skips through it too so maybe they are right it's silly to waste time on it as most people don't seem to want to watch it.
Yea, that sounds about right. I guess I really liked the HFA idea they had/have going. The whole atmosphere affects gameplay, but not to an un-realistic degree. I think i'd just be satisfied with better ending game animations. I want it to FEEL like I just won the National Title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2007, 06:37 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Yea, that sounds about right. I guess I really liked the HFA idea they had/have going. The whole atmosphere affects gameplay, but not to an un-realistic degree. I think i'd just be satisfied with better ending game animations. I want it to FEEL like I just won the National Title.
That and at least the PRE-GAME stuff that was on the PS2 would be nice. I liked the team entrances, the players on the field working out, the coach walking around, the stadium pans, etc. It got me pumped. This next-gen game is ......a coin flip..seemingly done by a coin that flips itself with no one around..oh wow, how exciting!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »