Home

SportsGamer.com: NCAA Football 08 Producer Interview

This is a discussion on SportsGamer.com: NCAA Football 08 Producer Interview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2007, 10:50 AM   #33
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: SportsGamer.com: NCAA Football 08 Producer Interview

Finally adding some things that help gameplay and overall experience. Yes the endzone art is a bummer etc but how many posts over the last few years have we seen saying " Stop with the fluff, give us gameplay improvements!".

Hopefully next year the endzone and stadiums will be revisited but right now I am extremely happy they have focused on gameplay.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-22-2007, 11:07 AM   #34
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
What has been done this year to tone down the effectives of scrambling QB'S in last years game?

There have been a number of defensive AI improvements that will help contain scrambling QB’s, as well as the all new fatigue system. Scramblers may still be able to break one here and there, but if you rely too much on scrambling your QB will get tired and run the risk of fumbling or getting injured.
What are the AI improvements Mr. Producer? Because I've seen no evidence of containment in any of the videos.

Quote:
Are there any new camera angles in the game?

Our replay cameras are all new this year. Through our partnership with ESPN we were able to get their blueprint for how they position their camera for games. All replays are displayed from camera angles that you would see in an actual game. In addition to this, you can choose any of these camera angles when viewing highlights to save.
I guess we can assume this means no new cameras for gameplay, but I wish the interviewer would be more specific with his phrasing, or ask a follow up question.

Quote:
What has been done to discourage people from sprinting back 20 yards and throwing a bomb?

The new fatigue system will help this considerably. Running around unnecessarily with a QB will affect their fatigue. Additionally, you will notice that a QB’s accuracy takes a hit if they are throwing on the run instead of setting their feet before throwing.
Again, we need a follow up question. A 20 yard drop should destroy the OT's angle, and the DE should be able to b-line to the QB. Has this been implemented Mr. Producer?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:39 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I guess we can assume this means no new cameras for gameplay, but I wish the interviewer would be more specific with his phrasing, or ask a follow up question.

Again, we need a follow up question. A 20 yard drop should destroy the OT's angle, and the DE should be able to b-line to the QB. Has this been implemented Mr. Producer?
I agree followup questions would be nice for those responses of his, but I believe most of these "interviews" we are reading are not live interviews. I think they are all canned, written interviews, where the interviewer submits the questions in writing and the interviewee writes his answers and sends it back, so there's no chance for followups in that case. Instead of "interviews", they are more like "questionnaires".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 01:00 PM   #36
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
I agree followup questions would be nice for those responses of his, but I believe most of these "interviews" we are reading are not live interviews. I think they are all canned, written interviews, where the interviewer submits the questions in writing and the interviewee writes his answers and sends it back, so there's no chance for followups in that case. Instead of "interviews", they are more like "questionnaires".

Yeah, I think posters see "interview" and start thinking "Time to go old school, Mike Wallace, 60 Minutes style on some fools", and forget that the Developer is almost 100% in control of the situation.

The responses in this "interview" are almost verbatim the same as the ones Steve just posted. Of course they're going to spin things in the most positive way possible, the best we can hope for is that they don't tell any flat out lies.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:14 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
What has been done to discourage people from sprinting back 20 yards and throwing a bomb?

The new fatigue system will help this considerably. Running around unnecessarily with a QB will affect their fatigue. Additionally, you will notice that a QB’s accuracy takes a hit if they are throwing on the run instead of setting their feet before throwing.
Hasn't this 'claim' been made in every version of every EA football game dating back to the beginning of time? I'll believe it when I see it.

Also, for upteen years we had to play with a completely broken/non-existing fatigue system, not they decide to implement it.....mark my words but they will screw it up so badly, the Navy QB will be able to run one 15 yard option play & need to be subbed out for the rest of the series.

How can something so fundamental to the game of football such as fatigue & the kicking game be so horribly done? It just blows my mind how non-detail oriented the folks at EA truly are.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:23 PM   #38
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceBrown
Hasn't this 'claim' been made in every version of every EA football game dating back to the beginning of time? I'll believe it when I see it.
The only NCAA game where I've REALLY noticed this was in NCAA 2004. If you threw the ball on the run, it was good as picked off. Loved that f'n game.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:32 PM   #39

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
The only NCAA game where I've REALLY noticed this was in NCAA 2004. If you threw the ball on the run, it was good as picked off. Loved that f'n game.
Yep...Best game ever.

This was before they decided to turn NCAA into an arcade-type game with arcade features.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceBrown
Also, for upteen years we had to play with a completely broken/non-existing fatigue system, not they decide to implement it.....mark my words but they will screw it up so badly, the Navy QB will be able to run one 15 yard option play & need to be subbed out for the rest of the series.
They did a pretty good job with it on NCAA 360 last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »