Home

An EA Rep has an early copy

This is a discussion on An EA Rep has an early copy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2007, 07:14 PM   #33
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: An EA Rep has an early copy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins
How is percy harvin faster than trindon holiday?
Well he is just as fast as Trindon is. I'm not being biased here either go back and look at all the 40 times Harvin ran during camps, and this past spring, both guys were in the high 4.2s. Percy and Caldwell had races at the end of practices last year and he beat Bubba by about two steps every time. it would be great to see holliday and harvin go at it. By far the SEC has two of the fastest, if not the fastest two teams in the country.

Last edited by gogators; 06-23-2007 at 07:20 PM. Reason: needed some facts
Old 06-23-2007, 07:25 PM   #34
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
Because he is. I'm not being biased here either go back and look at all the 40 times he ran during camps and stuff. Plus he and Caldwell had races at the end of practices last year and he beat Bubba by about two steps every time.
Yes. I believe Percy has been clocked at 4.29 and Caldwell at 4.37 (I can't recall the exact source where I found the info). Trindon Holliday is no joke either with his speed. If we're talking 40 times, Trindon did run something like a 4.27 -which is downright flying. He just ran a 10.07 in the 100! I just think Percy has that on the field "football" speed that Ginn showcased in college and DeSean Jackson will display again this season. The big thing with Harvin is his burst to get to the next level is exceptional. After that, there really isn't be much of a foot race - See the SECCG vs. Ark, the game vs. FSU on the direct snap behind center and some of the early action last year for details.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 06-23-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
Because he is. I'm not being biased here either go back and look at all the 40 times he ran during camps and stuff. Plus he and Caldwell had races at the end of practices last year and he beat Bubba by about two steps every time.
Harvin is a burner don't get me wrong but he is not faster than Trindon Holliday bottom line. Holliday had the fastest indoor times in the nation in the 55 and 60 meter in 2005. He just qualified Friday as the 3rd member on the US 100 meter team for the upcoming World Championships. Harvin has a personal best of 10.43 in the 100, Holliday just ran a 10.07. Harvin is more well known in the football world which is the only reason he has a faster speed rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #36
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ24
Harvin is a burner don't get me wrong but he is not faster than Trindon Holliday bottom line. Holliday had the fastest indoor times in the nation in the 55 and 60 meter in 2005. He just qualified Friday as the 3rd member on the US 100 meter team for the upcoming World Championships. Harvin has a personal best of 10.43 in the 100, Holliday just ran a 10.07. Harvin is more well known in the football world which is the only reason he has a faster speed rating.
As I wrote earlier, Trindon is obviously faster on the track, but that doesn't always translate on the football field. LSU had a burner in Bennie Brazell a couple of years ago and the guy wasn't most effective with his speed on the football field. No player will never get a 100m sprint going on the football field so that time is pretty much irrelevant. You may get to bust off a 55m or 60m on a fly route though if your QB has a cannon, but not too frequently.

Track speed - Trindon Holliday (not many amateurs can compete here)
Football speed w/ pads and helmet, on grass, etc - Percy Harvin (slight edge)

Good debate though Champ24 because Holliday is a flyer (an he's only 5'5" ).

As a side note, Louis Murphy just recorded the fasterst 40 time on the team in this year's UF spring workouts with a time of 4.28. Not much of a difference since Harvin ran a 4.29, but still amazing. SEC has some quicks (as usual).

Last edited by J-Unit40; 06-23-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:30 AM   #37
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
he stated its not the retail version... so I can careless if he's playing the game. Its no different from the guys that got to play the game at EA's Community Day.

July 6th, thats when we will start seeing people with the game
I doubt that. The shipping date has been changed to July 16th in Gamestop's computers...at least for now anyway. I'm sure that will change again as my Gamestop is doing a midnight opening on the 16th so they would have to have the game on the 16th in order to sell it at midnight.

If EA had any sense at all they would never ship the game to anyone a week or two before release. They're just asking for trouble doing that because there is always someone who is going to break the street date.

It never fails to happen and I'm sure it will happen this year too, but it won't be as early as the 6th.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:03 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
he stated its not the retail version... so I can careless if he's playing the game. Its no different from the guys that got to play the game at EA's Community Day.
Actually it is different from the people that got to go to the Community Day. This guy was an employee of EA and being an employee, you can't go around boasting about playing the game and then showing off pictures of yourself with it. You don't see any of the producers popping off on internet forums bragging about how they've been playing the game for the last year.

That was such a dumb move for the guy that did it.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:04 AM   #39
Rookie

theMUHMEshow's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins
How is percy harvin faster than trindon holiday?
That is a friggin joke...Trindon one of the fastest guys in the country!
Old 06-24-2007, 06:56 PM   #40
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
I doubt that. The shipping date has been changed to July 16th in Gamestop's computers...at least for now anyway. I'm sure that will change again as my Gamestop is doing a midnight opening on the 16th so they would have to have the game on the 16th in order to sell it at midnight.

If EA had any sense at all they would never ship the game to anyone a week or two before release. They're just asking for trouble doing that because there is always someone who is going to break the street date.

It never fails to happen and I'm sure it will happen this year too, but it won't be as early as the 6th.
Like I've said before... this game will end up shipping the 9th/10th. EA isn't that stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »