Home

Which team should I pick for 08?

This is a discussion on Which team should I pick for 08? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2007, 03:31 PM   #57
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Which team should I pick for 08?

Sometimes minor conference schools are fun, too. In NCAA 03, I was looking for a weaker team and chose UTEP. I led them to national glory and every since then, I will do at least one season at UTEP for old times sake.

Except now, they're too good for the style I like to do.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:15 PM   #58
Rookie

freudianslip's Arena

OVR: 3
Thumbs up Re: Which team should I pick for 08?

It's interesting to hear which criteria folks use to pick their dynasty schools. Good topic.

I also like to select a power conference school that has struggled for many years. This year, my front runner is Vanderbilt. Vandy looks like a fun dynasty for several reasons.

First, of course being in the SEC, there will no shortage of challenging games.

Second, Tennessee is not a particularly lush recruiting state (at least in the NCAA video game series), and as a result provides a good recruiting challenge.

Third, I really like Vandy's uniforms--something that becomes very important to me after playing numerous seasons with a school.

Finally, I really enjoy the fact that Vandy is primarily known for its academics rather than its sports programs. Taking a school with a great academic tradition and boosting it into the upper echelons of the athletic landscape really adds to the notion of creating a true collegiate "dynasty".

Just my $0.02...
Old 07-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by freudianslip
It's interesting to hear which criteria folks use to pick their dynasty schools. Good topic.

I also like to select a power conference school that has struggled for many years. This year, my front runner is Vanderbilt. Vandy looks like a fun dynasty for several reasons.

First, of course being in the SEC, there will no shortage of challenging games.

Second, Tennessee is not a particularly lush recruiting state (at least in the NCAA video game series), and as a result provides a good recruiting challenge.

Third, I really like Vandy's uniforms--something that becomes very important to me after playing numerous seasons with a school.

Finally, I really enjoy the fact that Vandy is primarily known for its academics rather than its sports programs. Taking a school with a great academic tradition and boosting it into the upper echelons of the athletic landscape really adds to the notion of creating a true collegiate "dynasty".

Just my $0.02...
I agree with all of your above and it's also why I always pick Vandy after I do OSU and Hawai'i.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #60
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

Im picking UK of course. i love the challenge of turning UK into a formidable foe in the SEC. Either way I will have fun playing with Andre Woodson.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricain
Im picking UK of course. i love the challenge of turning UK into a formidable foe in the SEC. Either way I will have fun playing with Andre Woodson.
You need that one fat QB back for this year. I would love to see him in next-gen glory with the new and improved body models. Is he in the NFL, if so what team? I'd like to check him out. Was it Jared Lorenzen??

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #62
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

ODogg, you'll wanna check out the Giants in Madden

285 pounds!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
ODogg, you'll wanna check out the Giants in Madden
That's awesome!! I'm going to edit their depth chart and have my first game as Giants @ Cowboys now! Thanks

I knew this guy was cool, same birthday as me!

Old 07-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #64
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Jared Lorenzen plays for the New York Football Giants. We use him occasionally to QB sneak on 3rd and short situations lol.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »