Home

Release Date - 7/5/07?

This is a discussion on Release Date - 7/5/07? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Release Date - 7/5/07?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceNails
That is exactly what I plan on doing. I dont think alot of you realize how much power the customer has. I have even more cards in my hand with this e-mail from them telling me I will have the game on the 6th. The fact is that the WILL have the game in stock because it is shipping to them on the 2nd. I will be able to tell them that I know they have it and I have an e-mail from them saying I will get it. Just need to be very nice and find the correct walmart.com manager.

I have a good shot.
Do we know for sure that the game is shipping today? And will this be to the mom & pop stores too (not just the chains)?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #74
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't know why any of you people think you're going to have the game on the 6th. The game is now shipping on the 9th, which is next Monday. Since the release date is the 17th, it will not ship overnight, but ground. This puts the game arriving to most stores by the 11th or 12th at the earliest.

Certainly someone will break the street date, but it will not be anytime this week, but at the tail end of next week. If you really want a timetable as to when you should look, I'd say Thursday or Friday of next week at the earliest.

Retailers are also getting a little smarter as well. A girl at my Wal Mart tried her best to sell me a 360 elite a good 5 days before the release date, but some random electronics dept. guy walked up and said it was street dated. It also would not ring up in their system and eventually a manager came over and apologized to me that this item was not supposed to be sold for a few more days.

You're going to always find some random big box store selling it early, but those will be fewer and farther between. I will be satisfied with picking up my copy at midnight the night of the 16th.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:51 AM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
I don't know why any of you people think you're going to have the game on the 6th. The game is now shipping on the 9th, which is next Monday. Since the release date is the 17th, it will not ship overnight, but ground. This puts the game arriving to most stores by the 11th or 12th at the earliest.
Please forgive my questioning nature, but I'm curious as to how you know with certainty that the game isn't shipping until the 9th. If it's the 9th, then so be it. If it's the 2nd, then so be it. For my purposes, I simply need to know which date it's actually shipping.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2007, 09:56 AM   #76
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by millikin54
Please forgive my questioning nature, but I'm curious as to how you know with certainty that the game isn't shipping until the 9th. If it's the 9th, then so be it. If it's the 2nd, then so be it. For my purposes, I simply need to know which date it's actually shipping.
I have a friend who is a Gamestop manager and he told me yesterday that the date in their computer had changed to the 9th. Actually, the PS3 version is the only version showing the 16th as a ship date so people wanting that version may have to wait until the 17th to get it.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:13 AM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
I have a friend who is a Gamestop manager and he told me yesterday that the date in their computer had changed to the 9th. Actually, the PS3 version is the only version showing the 16th as a ship date so people wanting that version may have to wait until the 17th to get it.
Thank you, I appreciate the info. If it's the 9th for a game store chain like Gamestop, then it could well be the 9th for my local mom and pop shop as well, since they're a game store as well. I know they had the game the Thursday before the main release last year, and possibly that Wednesday afternoon/evening. I am selfishly concerned only about the 360 version. Last year I got the store's last copy, and this year I am trying to secure an additional copy for a roster maker.

If anyone else hears about any shipping dates, whether or not they confirm the 9th, I'd love to hear about them.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #78
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
July 9th is the date that the EB/Gamestop warehouses ship the game to their stores.

July 3rd(tomorrow) is the date that EA releases the game to companies. Its up to the individual company to hold the game in the warehouses/backrooms until the 17th.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
July 9th is the date that the EB/Gamestop warehouses ship the game to their stores.

July 3rd(tomorrow) is the date that EA releases the game to companies. Its up to the individual company to hold the game in the warehouses/backrooms until the 17th.
Interesting. If I'm reading this properly then, a mom-n-pop shop that is it's own company, could have it later this week... possibly Thursday or so? If so, that would be excellent.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:33 AM   #80
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by millikin54
Interesting. If I'm reading this properly then, a mom-n-pop shop that is it's own company, could have it later this week... possibly Thursday or so? If so, that would be excellent.
that is correct.

Also just a note... WalMart stores do not always get games the same days as listed on the website. Wal-Mart gets games on Tuesday and Thursday. I would be surprised if Wal-Mart has it this Thursday.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »