Home

The Future of Roster Sharing...

This is a discussion on The Future of Roster Sharing... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2007, 08:22 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: The Future of Roster Sharing...

If it gets bad, where we can't get rosters in years to come, I'm going to say **** You Microsoft, and get the ps3, even if it's a worse system, it's even easier to get rosters on the ps3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 08:31 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tully
What is it?
Nothing really different from years past..if you skim throuh all 7 pages here you will see that. Your current software/hardware transfer device is all you need..at the moment at least.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 10

Do we have to do anything special for the workaround?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:40 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 4

Can some1 please lock this thread as every 3 or 4 posts people are claiming the world is falling or asking will we be able to share 360 rosters.

No the world isnt falling.

And yes as of now it seems like we will be able to share rosters on a 360.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #69
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I hear you. I just dont think everyone should hit the panic button. I agree in a way. If the workaround doesnt work or if I have to do something cumbersome just to get rosters next year or any year in the future, my 360 will go on Ebay the next day. I'm just saying that right now isnt the time to panic.
That was never the point of my article.

I’ve always assumed there will be a way to transfer rosters due to hacking - I intimated that in this post, and it's obviously working now.

I’m looking a little bigger-picture here, for what it’s worth - at the legitimization of roster-sharing as a whole. If roster-sharing is only possible by hacking, then sports gaming is going in the completely wrong direction, isn’t it?

That’s the point - the “get mine now” behavior doesn’t solve anything. What’s important is legitimizing the community, so we don’t have to hack to share.

Sharing rosters is no different than sharing pictures of custom-painted cars in Forza 2; and it shouldn’t be treated any differently.

It’s not about “getting around” anything; it’s about clearing the road so we have no obstacles in the first place.

That's why I wrote last night. Nothing more.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:58 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar

I’ve always assumed there will be a way to transfer rosters due to hacking - I intimated that in this post, and it's obviously working now.

I’m looking a little bigger-picture here, for what it’s worth - at the legitimization of roster-sharing as a whole. If roster-sharing is only possible by hacking, then sports gaming is going in the completely wrong direction, isn’t it?

That’s the point - the “get mine now” behavior doesn’t solve anything. What’s important is legitimizing the community, so we don’t have to hack to share.

Sharing rosters is no different than sharing pictures of custom-painted cars in Forza 2; and it shouldn’t be treated any differently.

It’s not about “getting around” anything; it’s about clearing the road so we have no obstacles in the first place.

AMEN brother...thats what I got outa the article. Unfortunately the majority of the public pulls a few words and FREAKS.."NO ROSTERS"
Old 07-13-2007, 09:04 PM   #71
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar

I never said that the article was saying panic now. What I said was that people are panicking. No one here disagrees with you that we shouldnt have to do this in the first place. My point is that right now there is a workaround.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 09:33 PM   #72
R**k**

OVR: 3

While it was true that the March Madness rosters were designed to be used with the EA Locker feature, there was a non hacker work around. I forget how i did it, but it basically involved not signing in to your username and loading the rosters and then signing in. All I know is that I got into the rosters, saw the names and saved it to my profile. At that point I had saved rosters under my profile name. I don't remember the specifics because after I did it, I was good to go.

That is beside the point of this thread, but it was possible.

I agree completely with Shawn's point. With the exception of a few greedy roster makers who list their product on Ebay, for the most part this community does the work and makes it freely available. Some guys take donations, but frankly unless they get a lot more money than i think, it is not something anyone would do for money.

We are talking about sports gamers and gaming websites that not only close threads that even hint at piracy but gamers who buy the games year after year. It is a legitimate hobby that we all want to improve and grow. And if the games are good, we also gladly shell out money for them.

If this keeps up, eventually the public will turn away from the games. I imagine that the NCAA and the NFL are ultimately behind it. Lord knows that both entities are consumed by getting complete control of their product. Look at the NFL network. You can't even watch a highlight show like NFL Primetime anymore because the NFL Network keeps the rights to the replays to themselves. Instead of seeing ESPN as free advertising for their sport, they have become a competitor.

While it has never been stated in black and white, clearly the NCAA keeps some things out of the game. It is amazing that they will allow a taunting feature (along with 15 yard penalties) but yet you can't play any kind of tournament feature in NCAA football. Don't you imagine guys would love to set up an 8 team tournament in their dorm or online?? Quicker and easier to do than a full season. But something we will never see in NCAA - not while the bowl system is so sacred. The tournament to end the season in the psx version of the game was a blast, but no longer a feature. Not only are we stuck with bad bowl matchups in the real world, we have to get them in the gaming world as well.

I hope we can convince EA/MS that we are not cheaters or hackers or pirates but serious gamers who love our hobby. Some of us have a lot of disposable income and others who don't are probably either in high school or college and someday will have money to spend.

They need to be careful how they treat us. NCAA is not some small game that doesn't make much money. It has been the top selling video game in July for YEARS. And it keeps selling in August and September.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »