Home

Nice gesture from EA

This is a discussion on Nice gesture from EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 01:50 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Nice gesture from EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun
They are not trying to help or fix anything. I think you are looking way to much into this. Its just a little remembrance to what happened.
Yeah, I know. Long live EA. They are such pillars when it comes to doing whats reputable.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:51 PM   #34
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Back on topic... I agree that it's a nice gesture from EA. Good to see that they thought of something like that.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #35
Rookie

The_Jacket's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
Actually, your confusing marketing with advertising. Marketing extends to the package and the product. Its not only advertising. You might want to mull this over before you try confront me again and accuse me of lacking faculty for thought.
Then explain to me, oh wise one, how they are marketing it. Is it just the sheer existence of the tribute? Is that what you consider marketing?

I know what marketing is, and exactly how it works because I work with it 60 hours a week. Advertising is a form of marketing. Anything done to advance the sales of the product is also marketing.

So I want to know - directly from you - what is it that is being done with this gesture that classifies it as a marketing ploy?
Piss on 'em!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 01:53 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Dont put words in my mouth. Ive already said enough to adequately explain why Im not eating up this touchy-feely gesture, yet you seem to be either unclear still, or trying to take it in a direction that serves your purpose...merely because I dont agree with every one about this gesture. No where here have I diminished what happened at Va Tech but again, what EA is doing isnt going to undo it or even help it...again, they are merely marketing to saps like you.
yvesdereuter, just stop.. head to the kitchen and chug a glass of shut up.

Back on topic, Very nice and classy gesture by EA, I recall them doing something for Earl Woods in Tiger if I remember right.. (could easily be wrong!). nice to see a response.

Can't wait for College GameDay in Blacksburg.. that'll be a party.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Jacket
Then explain to me, oh wise one, how they are marketing it. Is it just the sheer existence of the tribute? Is that what you consider marketing?

I know what marketing is, and exactly how it works because I work with it 60 hours a week. Advertising is a form of marketing. Anything done to advance the sales of the product is also marketing.

So I want to know - directly from you - what is it that is being done with this gesture that classifies it as a marketing ploy?
Do you want me to answer or do you want me to allow this thread to go back on topic. We're going to disagree for our own reasons. That doesnt make either one of us smarter than the other. I think its hollow and others dont. Im ok with that. Now, do you still want me to answer your question?
Old 07-14-2007, 01:55 PM   #38
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
As a PS3 owner, I have no interest in such "nice gestures". They get no points from me.
You sir are a ****, if only you knew......
Old 07-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #39
Rookie

The_Jacket's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Do you want me to answer or do you want me to allow this thread to go back on topic. We're going to disagree for our own reasons. That doesnt make either one of us smarter than the other. I think its hollow and others dont. Im ok with that. Now, do you still want me to answer your question?
Haha, very nice. You're contradicted and cornered and suddenly you're the world's biggest advocate of getting the thread back on topic. So yeah, let's let it go out of the topic - just pm me your answer and that will be fine.
Piss on 'em!
Old 07-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyh
yvesdereuter, just stop.. head to the kitchen and chug a glass of shut up.

Back on topic, Very nice and classy gesture by EA, I recall them doing something for Earl Woods in Tiger if I remember right.. (could easily be wrong!). nice to see a response.

Can't wait for College GameDay in Blacksburg.. that'll be a party.
How does that work. You go out of your way to pick a fight and then say, lets get back on topic. Im ok with allowing it to get back on topic. I think the gesture is hollow and I wasnt aware that we all had to be in agreement in order to post in this thread. Mostly, Ive been respoding to people like you. I have yet to tell anyone else they are f*cked up, aside from acknowledging that they like touchy-feely stuff like this.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »