Home

Pass Coverage

This is a discussion on Pass Coverage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #1
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Pass Coverage

I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I cannot cover the pass. I could do it last year... I run the same number of DBs as WRs, I usually use zone but I've mixed it up and I've gotten burnt regardless... I mean, maybe I'm just not seeing the big picture, but usually what happens on the play is that the QB completes a pass right where my defender should be. Anyone got any tips for me? Because it seems like I'm the only one with this issue.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Pass Coverage

I don't really have any tips, but I'm seeing the same thing that you are. On All-American with default sliders, the CPU pass % is ridiculously high. They can pretty much pass at will on me. The only times that the pass gets swatted away is when my AI DB's do it for me.

One thing I have noticed though is that the computer loves to throw over the middle. So I have found myself usually using the MLB and just running a standard zone, basically covering the entire middle of the field all the way back to the first down marker. It seems to have worked pretty well.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsman22
I don't really have any tips, but I'm seeing the same thing that you are. On All-American with default sliders, the CPU pass % is ridiculously high. They can pretty much pass at will on me. The only times that the pass gets swatted away is when my AI DB's do it for me.

One thing I have noticed though is that the computer loves to throw over the middle. So I have found myself usually using the MLB and just running a standard zone, basically covering the entire middle of the field all the way back to the first down marker. It seems to have worked pretty well.
But this isn't just against the CPU... I played TJ and he was completing passes all over my D and it just didn't seem like my players were in position often, where as for him it seemed like all of his guys were ball hawking.

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 07-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just skip the DB cover summer training.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Is there a run/pass committ feature in this game? I have not been able to find it when I have played, but then again I didn't know the vision cone was in the game until I read it on a thread.

The instruction manual is awful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #6
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
Is there a run/pass committ feature in this game? I have not been able to find it when I have played, but then again I didn't know the vision cone was in the game until I read it on a thread.

I tried it choad... but it didn't work when I hit up after the ball was snapped. That'd really help me out because I remember it really helping last year, even though I was tons better at pass coverage.

OS OT Post Champ '11

Old 07-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8

The CPU passing attack is much better this year. They still throw a lot of picks but their completion percentage is very high. They don't seem to throw the deep ball as much. They throw to a lot of comebacks and short crossing patterns.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
You don't say. I'm pretty sure those stickers they used to put on the back of rentals were more informative, and most of those games only had 2 buttons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »