Home

In-Season Recruiting

This is a discussion on In-Season Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2007, 05:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: In-Season Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
For example, the time limit is really just another version of recruiting points. The old tried and true 'it's better to go after players that already show some interest in you' methodology still seems to hold true. The bigger and better programs still have a lot more interested higher caliber players than the smaller programs.
Disagree. The amount of points you had were based on stuff like prestige, so the best schools had a bunch and the worst schools had a few.

This year every team has 10 hours. So it isn't the same thing.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #10
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resin
Disagree. The amount of points you had were based on stuff like prestige, so the best schools had a bunch and the worst schools had a few.

This year every team has 10 hours. So it isn't the same thing.
True the big difference now is that big programs have alot more "ins" with the recruits. Smaller schools have to feel a recruit out with a limited number of pitches they can sell.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #11
Rookie

Junon's Arena

OVR: 2

What effect does offering a scholarship extremely early have? I'm talking offering during week one. Does it result in a cold shoulder or anything? In College Hoops it reinforces your interest in a recruit, I considered it the coach 'committing' to the recruit. Just wondering if the mechanic is similar here.
Everton FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 06:48 PM   #12
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junon
What effect does offering a scholarship extremely early have? I'm talking offering during week one. Does it result in a cold shoulder or anything? In College Hoops it reinforces your interest in a recruit, I considered it the coach 'committing' to the recruit. Just wondering if the mechanic is similar here.
If you're the number 1 team on a recruits list in week 1 and you offer him a scholarship there is a good chance he'll commit right there. I had four players who had me #1 on their list in week 1 so I offered them a scholarship and 3 of them commited right there.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:55 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think that the earlier you offer the better standing you are with the recruit. For example, in week one I offered to a 3* tackle and I went from top ten to top 3 in week two. Also, after week 2 I had a lot of success offering to players with no offers. First I would pitch to them until I got them pretty enthused and then I would offer and they committed on the spot. I don't know how this would work with higher rated players as these guys were 2*s, but with a small school its worth a shot.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #14
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyJones
Wrote this on another board. Hopefully it's helpful for smaller programs.

So it's still easy to get plenty of highly rated recruits that your program has no realistic chance of getting in real life?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #15
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
So it's still easy to get plenty of highly rated recruits that your program has no realistic chance of getting in real life?
No, but I had alot of holes to fill, these guys were in my pipeline (TX, FL, LA good recruiting states) and I was able to get guys who would start right away. I didn't get them until the offseason when I could promise them things (no redshirt, playing time, winning record against rivals in the first year). Most of my recruits were 3 and 2 stars, but I was able to get these guys (and trust me, others bailed) by constantly hitting good pitches that they liked and making promises (albeit promises that should be pretty easy to keep, my rivals are Midd Tennessee State and ULM).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 01:29 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just a simple question is it 10 hours a week or 10 hours for the season ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »