Home

Anyone getting Dirty Disc Error? (360)

This is a discussion on Anyone getting Dirty Disc Error? (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2007, 03:40 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone getting Dirty Disc Error? (360)

Your probably right Odogg...i'm just pissed off by this mess. Each of the copies of the game that I recieved have small, distinct scratches in them after playing them for a while. Do you think Gamestop will give me a third copy if I return the game again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2007, 03:50 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by faulkman28
Your probably right Odogg...i'm just pissed off by this mess. Each of the copies of the game that I recieved have small, distinct scratches in them after playing them for a while. Do you think Gamestop will give me a third copy if I return the game again?
dude, if they are scratch free and then you play them and they have tiny scratches, i hate to say this but you need to get your xbox 360 repaired.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-20-2007, 03:55 PM   #43
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I was having problems with this until I turned my 360 horizontal. Haven't had a problem since. I don't have the ESPN features on but I do have commentary on.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:55 PM   #44
Rookie

I don't think that's the problem becasue I have played all of my games since NCAA 08 came out as a test and both copies of NCAA 08 were the only games to get those scratches.....so I really have no idea how to solve this problem.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:56 PM   #45
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

I just got a dirty disc error with NCAA 2008. I have gotten the error with Madden and Gears of War also. Is my Xbox going to crap out on me? Should I be worried or is a dirty disc error every now and then not a big problem?
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2007, 03:57 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 10

This was a problem for me with NCAA 07 and now with NCAA 08. It seems related to the audio somehow. I don't think it's fair to say it's EA or MS definitvely since no one here knows exactly what the issue really is. I think that whoever said to take the game out after your done and putting it back in after might have a sort of fix. Last year, what seemed to work too, was not skipping through cut scenes. I tried that with this years and no luck.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, either call Xbox support or post on the forums if you're having an issue. Neither company acknowledged any kind of problem last year and was frustrating.

Off for more APF 2k8 I guess.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:58 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I just got a dirty disc error with NCAA 2008. I have gotten the error with Madden and Gears of War also. Is my Xbox going to crap out on me? Should I be worried or is a dirty disc error every now and then not a big problem?
Well for me it's a problem because everytime i start the game i get a dirty disc error. But it seems some people are fixing the problem. You should read this thread for all of the different ways people are fixing it.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:37 PM   #48
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by faulkman28
Well for me it's a problem because everytime i start the game i get a dirty disc error. But it seems some people are fixing the problem. You should read this thread for all of the different ways people are fixing it.
I get a dirty disc error every now and then. I was just wondering if its normal. I haven't really played my 360 that much the last year. I would say that about 90% of the time it runs fine. I'm not sure if I really have anything to worry about or not. Maybe an error every now and then is normal.

Some of the stuff I read on how to fix the problem is out there. Taking the game out and putting it back in, turning off the audio, etc...... I don't see how any of that would work. Even if turning the audio off works that is stupid that you have to do that to get the game to keep from locking up.

I like this game but as a 2k fan of years past I think I will pick that game up tonight.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »