Home

Running animation...are you kidding me!?

This is a discussion on Running animation...are you kidding me!? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Running animation...are you kidding me!?

I haven't played the game too much so far but one thing that has stuck out negatively for me is the running animations. What the crap is stuck up everyone's butt's!? The running animations looked better on Joe Montana's Sports Talk Football in 1994. If anyone tries to say the running animations are not simply TERRIBLE they are lying to themselves. EA REALLY needs to address this next year, it looks absolutely rediculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Running animation...are you kidding me!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
If anyone tries to say the running animations are not simply TERRIBLE they are lying to themselves. EA REALLY needs to address this next year, it looks absolutely rediculous.
While not the best i have ever seen i dont think they are "terrible" IMO which of course isn't right appearantly since it doesn't coincide with your beliefs, so therefore i must be lying to myself

Quote:
The running animations looked better on Joe Montana's Sports Talk Football in 1994.
Im sorry but this statement is ridiculous LOL , but hey to each his own.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:03 PM   #3
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
I haven't played the game too much so far but one thing that has stuck out negatively for me is the running animations. What the crap is stuck up everyone's butt's!? The running animations looked better on Joe Montana's Sports Talk Football in 1994. If anyone tries to say the running animations are not simply TERRIBLE they are lying to themselves. EA REALLY needs to address this next year, it looks absolutely rediculous.
Have you even seen someone run, get hit by someone, stumble, turn kinda sideways, and keep going, all during the same run? Are the animations perfect, no, but from your comments it sounds quite over-reactionary...

*edit*

ok, looking at this you tube video I must agree with you...I wish they'd just re-release a Joe Montana Sports Talk Football roster update.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKqLefXgqaQ

Last edited by mgoblue; 07-21-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #4
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I dont think the run animations are horrible, but I must say nice video haha.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:23 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Have you even seen someone run, get hit by someone, stumble, turn kinda sideways, and keep going, all during the same run? Are the animations perfect, no, but from your comments it sounds quite over-reactionary...

*edit*

ok, looking at this you tube video I must agree with you...I wish they'd just re-release a Joe Montana Sports Talk Football roster update.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKqLefXgqaQ
After four quarters the Browns had 14 total yards on offense... Sounds realistic to me. Perhaps EA should have taken the engine from Joe Montana Sports Talk Football as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

the truely sad thing is........... the commentary in that rivals madden 07 on the 360.......how far we've come but how little things have changed... hahaha
Old 07-21-2007, 06:59 PM   #7
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

LOL, that video was GREAT! And dang everyone is defensive. Obviously I was being sarcastic about Montana having better running animations... And while I still think the running animations look stupid its not a game-killer or anything. Its just frustrating because the motion and the way the players ran on the old XBOX and PS2 were better. In my opinion.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
DickDalewood

OVR:

I'm inclined to ask if you have ever actually watched a game of football...

Honestly, of course they aren't perfect, but at times, especially when engaging in or breaking a tackle, there are times when the game looks borderline real.

To sum it up... I disagree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »