Home

This is by far the worst EA Sports game ever.

This is a discussion on This is by far the worst EA Sports game ever. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 11:16 PM   #1
Rookie

white guy's Arena

OVR: 2
This is by far the worst EA Sports game ever.

First off this is not one of those I can't win so I'm complaining rants. In about 20 games I have lost 4 games. About half of the games have been on heisman.

This game is almost unplayable. The only things they got right have nothing to do with gameplay. Yeah recruiting is more indepth...great but the game sucks so bad I don't see how that can matter. The ESPN presentation is nice. I'm assuming the weather channel feature is decent for online (why spend time programming in weather channel BS for a sports game?).

Problems (gameplay only..I won't get into paying more money for less of a game than the xbox and ps2 had 3 YEARS AGO)

1. Unresponsive controls during gameplay. This wouldn't be too bad if the receiver would actually adjust to the ball once in awhile but they don't ever. If and I mean if you are lucky enough to get the B button to switch you over to the receiver, good on luck on getting him to stop his pattern. If by some act of God you can get him to stop or get control of him. Good luck on a useful animation to go get the ball. Because I haven't seen anything other than the two hand alligator arm animation as the swivel hipped corners make Deion Sanders look average. On defense its just as bad, if not worse. The never switches you over to the player until the ball is past you. Even if you are already controlling a player near the ball. The Y button is MIA and usually won't respond until the CPU receiver is running down the field unaccosted.

2. Not being able to throw a lob pass. Yeah technically you can. But you have no idea if you are going to. On every football game that has ever had lobs and bullets it was simple tap to lob, hold for hard pass. At times on this game it makes it seem impossible to throw a lob. I'm no genius but if I want to throw a lob pass I can, if I want to throw a pass as hard as I can I can. I shouldn't have to pray when I hit the button to throw a pass to a receiver that is behind the defense. Point is if I want to throw a lob pass I should be able to, if I want to throw a bullet I should be able to. If the QB sucks the accuracy of that throw should be off or the distance if he has a weak arm. Not the type of throw.

3. Jump the snap. This needs to go. Whenever the computer gets a jump successful the entire line and anyone blitzing gets through with no problem. Its like picking the same play in tecmo bowl. The only difference is that the damn next gen consoles should not be rescrited to the confines of an 8 bit system. On the human side of the jump the snap, it's pointless against the computer most of the time. On occasion it actually works to be fair. But most of the time the 3 lineman that I'm not controlling get stood up (maybe that's right but its different than the CPU but ok I can live with that) but the player I'm controlling, and 86 ovr DT, gets knocked back 5 yards or pancaked despite the fact I had a successful jump which means that he was moving before the person who pancaked him.

4. CPU kick power slider...may as well be the teaching pigs how to fly slider.

These are game killing issues. What pisses me off more than that is the fact that I didn't see it coming. This is EA Sports we are talking about. The Live Series has progressively gotten worse since the SEGA/SNES days and is now the worst basketball series out. March Madness never was any good, Coack K was good but again SEGA days. Madden used to be GREAT, now it's hey check out the new gimmick to hide the crappy gameplay. Finally EAs suck has caught on with the NCAA series. I doubt it will ever get better, or at least until other companies can release a college football game as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 11:35 PM   #2
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: This is by far the worst EA Sports game ever.

1. Only one I agree with somewhat. Playing pass defense is still a bit harder than it should be because there is a slight delay on the A button to swat. I hardly ever switch on defense, only play as the MLB, so I can't comment on switching to different defenders to stop passes, but I'd imagine it's about the same.

2. No problems here for lobs.

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-1079/HOME/608

(edit, uploaded more vids) ...2nd and 3rd vids... are lobs, Tap the button with light pressure and I hold up on the right stick. Don't know if the right stick does anything to help out, but I use it anyways. I can pass lobs at will, nothing to it.

3. You have to use the fake snap and vary your snap count. If you see the cpu jumping the snap a lot, go to the fake snap the next few plays. It's usually a good way to get them offsides and they seem to back away from using JTS so much.

4. ?? I have cpu kick power at 15, the cpu cannot kick field goals over 50 yards now.

Last edited by mudtiger; 07-21-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:36 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

wahhhh?
Old 07-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #4
Go Ravens

ravensfan52's Arena

OVR: 3

Worst ever? I believe that this game is a let down but there have been a lot of bad games over the years. That might be a stretch saying it's the "worst ever"
Old 07-21-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Weird thread.

I bash EA games all the time. Some people may actually think I am a 2k fanboy, however, I love this game. Its one of the better NCAA games in a while imo.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 11:42 PM   #6
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

This is by far the worst post ever.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:42 PM   #7
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

You hold the RIGHT stick? I guess I will have to try that. It definetely does NOT work like it used to in past games.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:45 PM   #8
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

This game is FAR better than last years. I ended up tradeing in last years just so i could pay off my reserve for madden. yeah there are a few bad things about it ex: TOO many break tackles by RB, but just adjust a few sliders. Most people that say a game is the worst ever just dont have enough patience to learn around the problems...every game has problems
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »