Home

No way to sugarcoat it -- this game was not ready

This is a discussion on No way to sugarcoat it -- this game was not ready within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: No way to sugarcoat it -- this game was not ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpressure
You should have kept that comment to yourself. His getting better at the game has nothing to do with the glaring flaws that is in this game. Sure it is an improvement over last year, but nothing monumental. What the OP stated has been mentioned too many times to count, in this forum alone.

Some of you really need to come out of the dark, and stop getting so defensive every time someone has issues with your favorite game. I agree with the OP 100%, yet I to think NCAA is still a good game. Not great, but good.

now isn't that the pot calling the kettle negro?

lol jus' kidding
Old 07-25-2007, 04:29 PM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
lol.....every game, every year someone says the game was rushed or not finished. if you are throwing ints, you need to learn how to pass. you also ention the default settings. USE THE SLIDERS

you can't honestly believe they don't rush NCAA...it's the only sports game that comes out 2 months before the season starts...madden comes out about 3 weeks before...NBA 2K7 & NBA Live the same...College 2K7 doesnt even come out until January

I understand that it won't please everyone and I like the game. Having a blast with it using TheAubs sliders but there a flaws as there are with all games.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I love this game and can't wait to get my one game a night in after the family goes to bed. Hell call it what you want, I love it and am having the most fun with this game since 2004.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:31 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Play the game on Heisman default and get better at the game.
I do play the game at Heisman using sliders found on this forum. I don't know whether I'm a great player but I think I'm pretty good. In years past, my cousin and I played multiple season dynasties on AA and Heisman and I was always very competitive. Out of 30 or so seasons played across different versions of the game, I probably won the national championship 10 times, including 4 undefeated seasons in a row at one point. My cousin and I played head to head about a dozen times and I never lost once.

So I don't think it's my ability that is the problem. I think the bigger problem is a giant software company with no real competition in this genre resting on their laurels because they know the sheep (myself included) are going to buy the every year whether it's improved or not.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
you can't honestly believe they don't rush NCAA...it's the only sports game that comes out 2 months before the season starts...madden comes out about 3 weeks before...NBA 2K7 & NBA Live the same...College 2K7 doesnt even come out until January

I understand that it won't please everyone and I like the game. Having a blast with it using TheAubs sliders but there a flaws as there are with all games.
It can come out 4 months before the season starts that doesn't change the fact they still have a year to work on the game. From March to march is 12 months. From August to August is 12 months. Get it? It's still all 52 weeks whether they release a game a month before said season starts or 3 weeks after it starts.

Why is this hard for people to understand?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
you can't honestly believe they don't rush NCAA...it's the only sports game that comes out 2 months before the season starts...
This is irrelevant in terms of the length of the dev cycle. If it came out the first week of september that would buy you a few weeks the first year you do that. Then from September to September is still just a year for every cycle after that.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 4

I find it funny that I turned the CPU's Int's down to 0 and they still get 3 a game! wether I'm throwing a bullet and a LB jumps and catches it on the line or I throw to the opn man only to have him outran by the D and intercepted. I dropped back and the lineman catches the ball and scores... You know I fumbled 6 times when I first turned the game on? I had 10 turns in my first game!!! The majority of passes caught are completely wide open! if anyone is in the vacinity you might as well chalk it. I like the game its just those little things.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:42 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Dude, it's a year cycle like all the games...yeah, it comes out two months early, but that gives them a two month head start for next year then. Please explain how there is a difference between this and any other sports game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »