Home

No way to sugarcoat it -- this game was not ready

This is a discussion on No way to sugarcoat it -- this game was not ready within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 05:07 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: No way to sugarcoat it -- this game was not ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Im sorry but most of your compliants sound REAALLY nitpicky. Its a video game they always have a few kinks and bugs, the least of which is Oh the commentator said the wrong thing. Incorrect Drive summary? that makes you want to return the game? Int's are happening so much becuase alot of people dont know how not to throw the ball into coverage, me included. Im playing on default all american, and yes there are some bad kinks that pop up, hell my game keeps freezing, but when it plays its awesome.
All of my complaints save one -- the turnover problem -- are nitpicky, and you'd have never heard a word out of me if those were the only issues. The turnover thing, though, is a dealbreaker. I would have returned the game because of it I had been allowed to.

I'll reiterate -- I not constantly throwing into quadruple coverage! Yes, sometimes that's the problem. But safeties who close faster than Maurice Green, linebackers who know precisely where the ball is even when they're running full speed 180 degrees away from it and corners who jump routes before the ball has even left my quarterbacks hand are a problem, too.

Since I'm stuck with the game for better or worse, I'm trying to make the most of it. I'm throwing lots of flares and swing passes. My team happens to have two of the top five rated TE's in the game, so I'm dumping off to a lot of "5 yards and out" routes. I'm 2-1 since restarting my dynasty using the best Heisman sliders I have found.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:10 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadh
All of my complaints save one -- the turnover problem -- are nitpicky, and you'd have never heard a word out of me if those were the only issues. The turnover thing, though, is a dealbreaker. I would have returned the game because of it I had been allowed to.

I'll reiterate -- I not constantly throwing into quadruple coverage! Yes, sometimes that's the problem. But safeties who close faster than Maurice Green, linebackers who know precisely where the ball is even when they're running full speed 180 degrees away from it and corners who jump routes before the ball has even left my quarterbacks hand are a problem, too.

Since I'm stuck with the game for better or worse, I'm trying to make the most of it. I'm throwing lots of flares and swing passes. My team happens to have two of the top five rated TE's in the game, so I'm dumping off to a lot of "5 yards and out" routes. I'm 2-1 since restarting my dynasty using the best Heisman sliders I have found.
You will get better in time. Just give it a chance. I was terrible for a while too but now I only throw 2 or more INT's when I've had a 12 pack of beer or so. It's just about making your reads and putting the right touch on the ball.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-25-2007, 05:15 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Apples and oranges, EA and companies who make sports games don't have the luxury of saying "it's done when it's done" and taking 4 to 6 years to make the game like Bethesda and Blizzard can.
Agreed, to an extent. But that's no excuse. As I mentioned, I'm a software developer. Being up against a deadline is never justification for releasing a buggy product.

There are only two options in that situation: either the deadline is pushed or features that are not working are removed from the release build. Just releasing "what you've got" whether it is finished or not is bull****. That process is rampant in the game industry only because the consumer (us) tolerates it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 05:18 PM   #36
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Apples and oranges, EA and companies who make sports games don't have the luxury of saying "it's done when it's done" and taking 4 to 6 years to make the game like Bethesda and Blizzard can
Respect

Madden dev time= 1 year

God of War dev time= 5 years

GOW dev time= over 5 years

Halo dev time= over 6 years I think

Oblivion dev time= not even going to go there
Old 07-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #37
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I've had no issues with throwing the lob on Heisman. On two different drives, I noticed one on one coverage with the end receivers. Both times I lobbed it in the air and both times the receivers made T.O. one-handed type catches in the end zone. After the first one, I let out a whoop. It was one of the most elegant plays I pulled off in a sports game. Each lob pass I've attempted, resulted in a lob pass. I don't complete the lob every time , either.

All I did is tap the corresponding receiver button once.
Too many folks are having a problem with it for me to believe it's not a general problem. IMO, the button is hypersensitive against the lob. Why would EA change the button sensitivity? Who knows?

Quote:
As far as INT's, yeah, I was frustrated playing out my first 10 games, because
either the CPU picked off my throws or I picked off the CPU throws. Most of my throws were stupid, though, one on one and I think the receiver will be open, not.......... the CB is running stride for stride and is in front of my receiver. I've also noticed INT's for me come mostly across the middle where there is more traffic.
Your playing level accounts for the interceptions by the CPU. How do you explain the high number of user team interceptions? Many are complaining about the high number of interceptions for both teams.

Quote:
As far as the CPU INT's , sliders play a key role. This years game is not a game you plop in the console and plow ahead with. A person needs to play around with the sliders for their best playing experience.
Folks are also reporting a high number of picks despite INT sliders set to 0.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadh
Agreed, to an extent. But that's no excuse. As I mentioned, I'm a software developer. Being up against a deadline is never justification for releasing a buggy product.

There are only two options in that situation: either the deadline is pushed or features that are not working are removed from the release build. Just releasing "what you've got" whether it is finished or not is bull*earmuffs*. That process is rampant in the game industry only because the consumer (us) tolerates it.
Well the good news is EA will be releasing an update (read: patch) for at least the alternate uniforms and maybe some of these little trinkets of bugginess will be fixed on the down low in there (god forbid they admit these bugs usually LOL)

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Respect

Madden dev time= 1 year

God of War dev time= 5 years

GOW dev time= over 5 years

Halo dev time= over 6 years I think

Oblivion dev time= not even going to go there
This doesn't really apply though. They have been making NCAA for years now and 3 on the 360. All they have to do is fix whats broken and bring over the features they already had on the PS2 and Xbox. They aren't developing a new game, they are always just adding garbage instead of fixing the underlying problem. The core engine remains the same for years.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #40
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
It can come out 4 months before the season starts that doesn't change the fact they still have a year to work on the game. From March to march is 12 months. From August to August is 12 months. Get it? It's still all 52 weeks whether they release a game a month before said season starts or 3 weeks after it starts.

Why is this hard for people to understand?

It's not hard to comprehend man. I understood that from the begining. My gripe with the release date being early was simply from a rosters point of view. The game comes out before alot of players (incoming freshman) even have jersey #s or starting spots have been won. We don't get updated roster patches like we do in Madden.

From a simply development cycle ur right, 12 months is 12 months.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »