Home

No way to sugar coat it...THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!

This is a discussion on No way to sugar coat it...THIS GAME ROCKS!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2007, 03:16 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: No way to sugar coat it...THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!

I agree a little with both. It's a good game with a few big flaws. As the person above said, the interceptions are more on the computer side. I had 40 something picks my first year in dynasty on Heisman with INT sliders on 0.

And before anyone says it, lowering awareness is not an option. I didn't have a good defense, I had a defense with a lot of interceptions. The other team would still get a bunch of yards, and the CPU QB statline would roughly be 20/25 for 300 yards 3 TD 3 INT.

The other major, inexcusable flaws are the depth chart bug, the lack of formation subs, no custom playbooks, hot routes and coverage schemes that don't work, replaying 2-3 fumbles a game, and psychic LBs, and on the lesser side, the stupid bunching at the line, the timid man coverage on option plays, the CPU not using their players right (I saw a healthy McFadden and Jones get 10 combined carries), rain every single dynasty game, and a recruiting system that is completely random as best I can tell.

On the other hand, the running game is much improved, recruiting is much harder, the 3-4 defense doesn't completely suck like it has previously, and the majority of gameplay features just feel better.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:51 AM   #10
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Definitely agree with you, AA.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-26-2007, 07:13 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Why does every thread invariably contain a post like this? At least for me, the issue was never user interceptions, but CPU interceptions. Nor is it about winning; it's about getting a competitive, strategic game out of the CPU. I don't know about you, but I'm playing to get that proverbial 'chess on grass' experience. Winning because the CPU threw six interceptions, or because it can't recognize that it should run when I throw a nickel at them five straight plays, doesn't exactly get my competitive juices flowing.

The game doesn't suck. I played three games today, I'll probably play five more tomorrow; I like it fine. But let's not get carried away. It's got plenty of problems. At the end of the day, the AI is only marginally better, if that, than games we've already seen, NFL 2K5 and NCAA 04 among them.

Have your stroke-fest thread, don't let me get in the way. But it's one thing to like the game; it's another to claim it's 'all that'.
Play on Heisman. The computer strategy is better, the computer doesn't make the bad decisions that leads to picks, and it's just an amazing all around experience. I imagine people don't play on this level because unless they go 9-2 with Temple, the AI is cheating them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #12
DickDalewood

OVR:

While everyone is entitled to their opinion... I think this thread is the right one, haha. I love the game.

I'm out of town all week on business and I cant WAIT to get home this weekend and play! Too bad next week I have to be out of town again

Old 07-26-2007, 07:45 AM   #13
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

im having a blast with this game.. i see new animations every game.. (ie i sorta bump/push off on the db and snag the pass out the air for a td. he started motioning for a Offensive Pass Interference call)
Old 07-26-2007, 07:56 AM   #14
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Great thread, AA. NCAA 08 is a terrific game. Leaps and bounds better than last year, and I was fan of of '07 on 360. I'm having a blast playing my Syracuse dynasty and online in the Vets league.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 07-26-2007, 08:10 AM   #15

OVR: 34

I'll agree on this. I'm having the most fun with a football game (with this title) than I have had in a while. The game has so much meat to it that really compliments the actual game.

I have heard people complain about the "Hyper Defense", but what I like about it is, if you make a mistake, the game makes you pay for it. When I throw the ball into tight coverage, it gets knocked away or intercepted. That should happen. It forces you to learn your plays and think about alternate choices in distributing the ball.

I can honestly say that it has been a very long time since I have enjoyed a football game like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Great game, very fun to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »