Home

Too many interceptions?

This is a discussion on Too many interceptions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: So I quit my OSU dynasty today...it's has become unplayable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Stopping the defense isn't related to the interceptions.

My defense sucks hard in yards per game. Hell, I give up 300 yards per game through the air. It's just since the computer doesn't go deep, they throw a lot of passes. I've had games where I give up 450 yards through the air, but get 8 INTs.
Play on Heisman. I was having way too many interceptions until I moved to Heisman and now get a realistic level. I also think that you really need to mix up zone and man coverages. I have a horrible pass defense but after moving to more zone coverages, my defense has picked up.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think the CPU does throw a few too many INTs on AA but I suck there anyway. When (and if) I get good enough to start winning and see this problem more I will try to go to Heisman but I can guarantee you that the sliders will be HEAVILY in my favour. Do people find that the CPU QB is smarter on Heisman BUT that the crappy QBs will still play crappy on that level? Last year's game made any QB on Heisman (PS2) look fantastic.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #19
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

I'm still having fun in dynasty. That doesn't mean that I don't already have my wish list for '09 typed up and ready to go. The flaws in the CPU QB A.I.(Its been broken for several years now) is a big time gaff that will, in truth, knock months off of the longevity of the game for me.

I'm assuming of course that it is a flaw, many things that we here call flaws could actually be design decisions. There still aren't enough totally uncatchable throws made by QB's in video games. It might be considered too boring by developers to have 9 or 10 throws a game where the ball just bounces in the dirt or sails out of bounds. I guess they figure that most people playing a video game want some kind of big action on each play.

They also need to change the WR A.I.. They never attempt to become defenders and break up the pass if the defensive player has a better chance to catch the ball.

For most of us our tolerance is much lower now and our expectations are much higher. Some people though, can deal with the flaws of a game for several years, while another person will quit that same game in two weeks.

It a matter of how much do the issues in that years version bother you.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #20
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

People intercepting to many passes so user control a D-line or linebacker and just stick with them.

There are little adjustments you can make.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

This game is really well done. The int's have been killing the game for me and my brother though. Yesterday we played for about 2 hours and called it a day, when we usually play for a minimum of 6. I won the NC with Rutgers and he won the Orange Bowl with ASU. We both won our games in the end because the CPU threw INT's that were returned for TD's.

I have no idea why it happens, you play a good program, and they play really good until the end of the game and they throw directly to your defense. The receivers they choose to throw to are completely blanketed and they still throw it to my waiting defender.

The fumbles are annoying, but definitely not a game killer. Animations are fantastic, running game, Frame rate, etc. Jump the snap seems to be a feature just for the computer as me nor my brother has ever been able to jump the snap this year. We have made a pact not to go for DLineman this year as human lineman seem to rarely be able to get to the quarterback, regardless of how good he is, yet the CPU's are in the backfield in 2-3 seconds. To make a long story short, none of these are game killing, but the INT's are starting to kill it for me a bit. I don't want to have a hard-fought game only for it to be given to me at the end EVERYTIME, on an INT returned for a TD, it's beginning to get old. It's now a total of about 5-6 games that I've won at the hands of a later INT thrown straight to my D.

Last edited by brooklynite; 07-29-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Play on Heisman. I was having way too many interceptions until I moved to Heisman and now get a realistic level. I also think that you really need to mix up zone and man coverages. I have a horrible pass defense but after moving to more zone coverages, my defense has picked up.
I've been playing on Heisman. With 0 INT sliders. There's just too many INTs
Old 07-29-2007, 01:36 PM   #23
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
I've been playing on Heisman. With 0 INT sliders. There's just too many INTs
Did you try Heisman default? Unless you are playing against one of the AA schools, I don't see how 8 INTs in one game is possible.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #24
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm playing on AA, and don't pick off many. Some game i'll get 2-3, others none.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »