Home

Who at EA tests these games?

This is a discussion on Who at EA tests these games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Who at EA tests these games?

This is in regards to the XBOX 360 version of the game.

I'm no game tester by any means and I'm sure I've played a heck of a lot less of the game then the actual testers at EA but something just happened to me that has happened several times since Madden 06 on the 360. Let me paint the scenario so you can better understand my frustration:

Less than 2 minutes left, I'm up by 5. I'm ranked #6 playing #3 ranked Arkansas. Big game for both teams. Arkansas runs the ball in for a TD and kicks the XP to make it 23-21 for them. I have 2 timeouts left and there's about 1:20 on the clock when they score. I'm pumped because it's been an amazing game and a last second FG for the win would make it even sweeter.

But after Arkansas has kicked their XP, the game decides to get stuck in a loop and pan around the stadium. I wait it out for 5 minutes even though I know it will continue forever because like I said this has been happening since Madden 06. It happened in NCAA 07 and Madden 07 too and has happened to me once again.

Now either EA can't figure out why this happens (it only happens rarely but I would think it would be ironed out by now), or they don't know about it. How can this be brought to their attention? I've tried posting on their forums and in their Madden/NCAA wish lists that they have on there, but nothing has come of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Who at EA tests these games?

A guy who is blind deaf and can't talk.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:41 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
A guy who is blind deaf and can't talk.

That's what I'm saying. I just don't get how these things get by these people every year. We all play these games for leisure and we notice them. It's the job of these people to notice them and it seems like they don't know what they're doing.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:57 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 16

It's not always the QA people who are responsible for the bugs making it into the retail version of the game. The quality assurance people may find the bugs, but they don't figure out the fix for it in time for the release. It's highly likely the QA people find many of the bugs which we encounter on a regular basis. For example, I'm sure they mentioned how there were lots of INT's, but it'd require too much of a rebuild to actually change something that deep in the final stages of production.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:01 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acedeck
It's not always the QA people who are responsible for the bugs making it into the retail version of the game. The quality assurance people may find the bugs, but they don't figure out the fix for it in time for the release. It's highly likely the QA people find many of the bugs which we encounter on a regular basis. For example, I'm sure they mentioned how there were lots of INT's, but it'd require too much of a rebuild to actually change something that deep in the final stages of production.

I see what you're saying and I agree. The particular problem I'm talking about has been in since Madden 06 though. So ok they don't get it in time. Maybe they'll get it for NCAA 07? Nope, not enough time for that either. Maybe Madden 07? Nope. Maybe NCAA 08? Nope. Maybe Madden 08? Probably not. You see my point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 12:11 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 16

Ongoing problems are an entirely different story. Those should be fixed at some point throughout the years of the game's development.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:14 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acedeck
Ongoing problems are an entirely different story. Those should be fixed at some point throughout the years of the game's development.
Exactly, that's what I've been saying.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:27 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Please keep bug and glitches in the bugs and glitches sticky thread. Thank you.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »