Home

Have You Taken The Follow Up Test?

This is a discussion on Have You Taken The Follow Up Test? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2007, 03:54 PM   #25
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Have You Taken The Follow Up Test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Both threads have many posts of people who love the game. Yes EA's game does have more people who dislike it and/or hate it but there is one big issue to taken into account that distorts the idea that from reading the threads that NCAA is less well received: NCAA 2008 sold about 10 times more the number of copies than APF2K8, so there is simply a larger number of people playing it and simply a larger number of people who could potentially dislike it. I've read quite a few people in the impressions thread who did not like APF2K8 or parts of it but it won't seem as many because there just aren't as many people who bought it.

And this one is just my personal opinion but it seems that people in general don't have any issue with bashing EA, a company who is clearly the market leader, but many do not want to bash TakeTwo because they are the underdog and "well at least they are really trying" mindset. In general we all want competition so it's easier to brag up the underdog and tear down the mega-corporation. Heck even though I love APF2K8 I don't like to point out it's flaws because of that very reason. I have no problem though doing that with NCAA.
Well stated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 06:16 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 11

I own both games and will be playing both all year. After playing both games though, the only reason I'll be playing NCAA is for the Dynasty mode. We don't have to choose between the games and we can have fun playing both but I think it is still obvious that APF plays a better game of football. Which game is more fun to people and will take more of their time depends on the person and I'm sure a lot of people will split their time between the games like me. Regardless of which game people prefer playing though, I think its a really hard argument to make that NCAA has better gameplay/realism than APF though. To me it is practically a hard fact that APF has better gameplay than NCAA but that won't keep me from playing NCAA and it shouldn't force any of you other guys to have to choose 1 game to play all the time.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:27 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAA
Something funny is. I think I saw a pic of it in one of the game informer mags. If not there it was somewhere. I swear to god I saw a pic showing the reciever catching the ball and it had the DB right behind the guy facing the opposite direction try to swat the ball down. I think it was game informer after all because I was reading one of the previews on the game, and I could not belive they would actually print a pic showing bad pass defensive AI.

I was talking about the 2k8 football game
I'm still trying trying to duplicate shotgun tackling..... in APF 2K8. I can't do it.

Last edited by D_Money; 07-31-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:56 PM   #28
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Just got APF 2k8 on ebay for $37 shipped (the right price for having no franchise for me). I'll let you know when I start playing.

I'm a huge NCAA football fan - my favorite series (sport or non sport) ever.

However, I prefer Take Two for all my other sports - NBA 2k over Live, MLB 2K etc. I have never really cared for Madden. IMO Madden is usually not even on par with NCAA's quality. Did love NFL 2k5 on PS2. That was a fantastic football game. I'll be interested to compare NCAA 08 and APF. I have a feeling I'll enjoy both. I hear the fan boys gasping...
Old 07-31-2007, 07:03 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Just got APF 2k8 on ebay for $37 shipped (the right price for having no franchise for me). I'll let you know when I start playing.

I'm a huge NCAA football fan - my favorite series (sport or non sport) ever.

However, I prefer Take Two for all my other sports - NBA 2k over Live, MLB 2K etc. I have never really cared for Madden. IMO Madden is usually not even on par with NCAA's quality. Did love NFL 2k5 on PS2. That was a fantastic football game. I'll be interested to compare NCAA 08 and APF. I have a feeling I'll enjoy both. I hear the fan boys gasping...
I tried to call you and IM you when I got NCAA 2008 early btw.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-31-2007, 07:13 PM   #30
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

All that NCAA must have seeped in your brain. I PM'ed you back thanking you and saying it was too far to ship it across the country and get early lol. All this video football is rotting your brain.

There's always next year. I'm counting on you east coasters next football season. Vegas is an early release wasteland.

I can't wait to get APF and play OSers online. I'd like to compare it to NCAA online. So far I'm not impressed with the low quality (connection wise) of NCAA 08. Too many DC's and too much lag...
Old 07-31-2007, 07:15 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
All that NCAA must have seeped in your brain. I PM'ed you back thanking you and saying it was too far to ship it across the country and get early lol. All this video football is rotting your brain.

There's always next year. I'm counting on you east coasters next football season. Vegas is an early release wasteland.

I can't wait to get APF and play OSers online. I'd like to compare it to NCAA online. So far I'm not impressed with the low quality (connection wise) of NCAA 08. Too many DC's and too much lag...
I must have blacked out that whole week, LOL. I've played about 10 games of NCAA online so far without a hint of lag, it's like I'm playing offline. Verizon FIOS 15/2 down/upload is nice

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 07:18 PM   #32
MVP

DLaren's Arena

I took "the follow-up test" and I disagree with the original poster...APF has better gameplay than NCAA'08, but it's not so much better that I'd pay $60 for a game that doesn't have a franchise mode; plus the graphics leave a lot to desired...

...I'll get it next spring when I can find it for $30...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »