Home

Power backs / running up the middle

This is a discussion on Power backs / running up the middle within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2007, 06:22 PM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Power backs / running up the middle

I love running up the middle with power backs, and hate having to face them. I have a team full of finesse backs right now, and I'm struggling in the running game(3.6 YPC) My backs can't ever seem to shake loose from that backer or safety on the 2nd level. When I have a power back I'm making those guys eat grass.

On defense I have fast LB's with great pursuit skills, but when I face a power back he just discards them like yesterday's newspaper.

For maybe the first time in EA football history I'd rather face the speed back. I've been eating those guys for lunch.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #10
Rookie

jdub214's Arena

OVR: 1

The balance is good on this game. Speed backs kill when they break loose and Power backs murder defenders when they lower their heads. Whats best is to have a big back (215 - 230lbs) with speed (90 or better) and strength. They can do either.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub214
The balance is good on this game. Speed backs kill when they break loose and Power backs murder defenders when they lower their heads. Whats best is to have a big back (215 - 230lbs) with speed (90 or better) and strength. They can do either.

Yea i agree. Whenever I try to run thru the 1,2 holes with my 5'10 185 lb, they always get knocked. In my dynasty I like to recruit 5'10-6'1 190+lbs backers with balanced speed/power. I feel they are the best on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »