Home

Official Heisman Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official Heisman Discussion Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Official Heisman Discussion Thread

This thread is gonna be great! I too have had many problems stopping the pass! Keep the tips coming.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:54 PM   #10
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
This is going to sound nuts to some people but I truely believe that on Heisman the CPU actually KNOWS what defensive play you have selected; and because of that, the CPU is able to call a play that has a high percentage chance of being successful against whatever defensive-play you have selected.

To counter this, I will call a Man-coverage play (for example) and therefore the CPU will choose a play that it believes will beat my Man Coverage; but when I get to the line I audible to a Cover-3 Zone (for example). Now that quick slant over the middle that the CPU was expecting to be open against my original Man coverage is no longer an option because I'm in a zone now; and the CPU is forced to actually *think* and *read* the defense before they throw the ball; which leads to more incompletions on their part.

I find this method of playcalling seems to do a pretty good job of confusing the CPU and making them earn their completions; rather than just hiking the ball and immediately throwing to the open man.
I can certainly agree with you to some degree on this, but i refuse to believe it 100% for two reasons 1) I have to give up all my credit for my brilliant play calling and 2) we never have a chance on Heisman if that is true.

Ive found that the middle of the field is the hot zone for their success. I also go in before every game and look at their O line, FB and TE and see where the weak points are and send guys from that side. If im gunna have success, itll be against a T rated 72, not the T rated 89. I look at their #1 WR and i shade my Safeties that way. I press when i blitz to take away the quick route, just a few tricks i try.........
Old 08-06-2007, 10:01 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

when i play heisman i always do this to test out my sliders to make sure they accurately portray the game.

i play as a cupcake team against a powerhouse. and i should get creamed.
i play as a powerhouse against a cupcake. and i should cream them.
and i play as to balanced teams. it should be a good game.

i play a bunch of those games and once i get the scores to come out like they should then i know that my sliders are right and i can start my dynasty.

its worked for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 10:15 PM   #12
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
This is going to sound nuts to some people but I truely believe that on Heisman the CPU actually KNOWS what defensive play you have selected; and because of that, the CPU is able to call a play that has a high percentage chance of being successful against whatever defensive-play you have selected.

To counter this, I will call a Man-coverage play (for example) and therefore the CPU will choose a play that it believes will beat my Man Coverage; but when I get to the line I audible to a Cover-3 Zone (for example). Now that quick slant over the middle that the CPU was expecting to be open against my original Man coverage is no longer an option because I'm in a zone now; and the CPU is forced to actually *think* and *read* the defense before they throw the ball; which leads to more incompletions on their part.

I find this method of playcalling seems to do a pretty good job of confusing the CPU and making them earn their completions; rather than just hiking the ball and immediately throwing to the open man.
Holy cow that does seem like a good idea.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #13
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat
when i play heisman i always do this to test out my sliders to make sure they accurately portray the game.

i play as a cupcake team against a powerhouse. and i should get creamed.
i play as a powerhouse against a cupcake. and i should cream them.
and i play as to balanced teams. it should be a good game.

i play a bunch of those games and once i get the scores to come out like they should then i know that my sliders are right and i can start my dynasty.

its worked for me.
sounds similar to me.........

Have you tried playing (or practicing) a team against themselves? Watching carefully how the D reacts to a play, then adjusting sliders to react the same way when you control them? Checking to ensure that stats are almost carbon copies of each other when it is you vs the cpu?

THAT (for me) is the surefire way to have a great game.......Been using this method for years.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:16 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

Wow, I can't believe I am too stupid to have thought of this before but I bet you are right. I am 100% sure that this is the case on offense and hence why I call a pass every time out of the huddle and audible to runs so I don't see why this wouldn't be the case on defense also. I will give this a go and report back but I am guessing you are right.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:14 AM   #15
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
Wow, I can't believe I am too stupid to have thought of this before but I bet you are right. I am 100% sure that this is the case on offense and hence why I call a pass every time out of the huddle and audible to runs so I don't see why this wouldn't be the case on defense also. I will give this a go and report back but I am guessing you are right.
If that is true, which i dont wanna believe, we have no business playing Heisman or video games. I think its a matter of the CPU taking advantage of most of our weaker players, like we should be doing. They dont run at my Impact LB, they run to my weaker LB, they throw at my weaker DB's. I just refuse to believe that a video game knows what we're calling, and im sure im being a bit naive, but if that were the case, then we dont have much of a chance, and everytime a bad play happens, im gunna give up and re-start.....which i never do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 08:25 AM   #16
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

If the CPU knew the plays I was running all the time, then I had no business scoring on several playaction passing plays because the corner or safety bit on the fake. I don't really feel the CPU knows my plays, because in most cases to me its just like the CPU can "think" faster than a human. When you have to read a defense there are several things that have to go through your mind, and well, I think the CPU can just do it faster. I also agree that the CPU seems to go at my weaker players. The CPU hardly runs at my stud RE and OLB, and when I had my All World CB Malcolm Jenkins, they stayed away from him and picked on the other guy the whole time. Once my safeties started getting better passes over the middle weren't as common. Maybe it is the teams I am facing but I have noticed this.

Also, one thing I want to just say, what the hell was Wisconsin doing in this game I just played? They had 2 impact RB, PJ Hill and then #5 (his name is Traina in mine but autonamed). Wisconsin seemed to have this gameplan that involved splitting Hill out wide and running Traina, when Hill destroyed me out of the I, but Traina was a 10 yards or -3 yards type of back. Also, why won't they play a LT at RT and the RT is a true freshman 65 overall when the 3rd string LT is an 81?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »