Home

NCAA Football 08 Review (360)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 08 Review (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2007, 05:25 PM   #25
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: NCAA Football 08 Review (360)

Great review. The passing game does have some big flaws but the game is still great. I agree with almost everything I read (I skipped campus legend stuff). I think next year will be fantastic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #26
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

The credibility of this review is suspect when the most glaring flaw, a gamekiller for some, was mentioned in one sentence. Forgive me if I am mistaken but I believe the interception issue was mentioned in one sentence. I rented this game and played four games before returning it. During those four games MY defense had a total of 12 interceptions. The CPU defense had close to the same although I did not keep complete track of those since I wanted to give the game the benefit of the doubt and blame myself. I used playmakers sliders, I used Jistic's sliders and a combination of both. The game appears to be broken to me. Believe me, I really wanted to like this game but it's not happening. The review is long and appears to be well thought but this game is not even close to playable for me.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 11

Well written review and agree with most.This game pretty much got an 8 across most sites in spite of the high turnover rate. Unfortunatly my only concern is EA will not care about the issues with the 8's. If it had been 7's across the board maybe they would have listened.
To me the high turnover rate is really bad and ruins the game for me.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:14 PM   #28
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
The credibility of this review is suspect when the most glaring flaw, a gamekiller for some, was mentioned in one sentence. Forgive me if I am mistaken but I believe the interception issue was mentioned in one sentence. I rented this game and played four games before returning it. During those four games MY defense had a total of 12 interceptions. The CPU defense had close to the same although I did not keep complete track of those since I wanted to give the game the benefit of the doubt and blame myself. I used playmakers sliders, I used Jistic's sliders and a combination of both. The game appears to be broken to me. Believe me, I really wanted to like this game but it's not happening. The review is long and appears to be well thought but this game is not even close to playable for me.
I'm sorry, but this is just hilarious. Why don't you LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME before you make posts like this? YOU PLAYED 4 GAMES and after 4 games you think the game is broken? THAT IS RIDICULOUS. Int's are not even an issue for me. For some of you i'm sorry you're having difficulty with it, but to call the game broken after 4 games is just dumb.

I can't drive 2 laps around a Forza course without wrecking. Does that mean the game is broken? NO, it just means i suck a$$. So now i have 2 choices: Practice and get better or return it because its not my cup of tea. It's fun to have a challenge. Learn how not to throw Int's. After a few more games and less Int's, you might actually start having fun.

And if you really wanted to like the game, you would've played more than 4 lousy games.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #29
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
I'm sorry, but this is just hilarious. Why don't you LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME before you make posts like this? YOU PLAYED 4 GAMES and after 4 games you think the game is broken? THAT IS RIDICULOUS. Int's are not even an issue for me. For some of you i'm sorry you're having difficulty with it, but to call the game broken after 4 games is just dumb.

I can't drive 2 laps around a Forza course without wrecking. Does that mean the game is broken? NO, it just means i suck a$$. So now i have 2 choices: Practice and get better or return it because its not my cup of tea. It's fun to have a challenge. Learn how not to throw Int's. After a few more games and less Int's, you might actually start having fun.

And if you really wanted to like the game, you would've played more than 4 lousy games.
You do realize he was complaining mainly about the CPU throwing too many INTs? That's really most people's main complaint about the game. I throw a ton of picks on AA myself but I need to improve and sliders do help me.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 08-07-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #30
Rookie

BrownsFan72's Arena

OVR: 18

This is my favorite release of the year. I want to love this game..and I can deal with the difficulty in passing ON MY PART..I have no problem with that. I cannot stand the ridiculous amount of INT the computer throws. I also do not understand why the presentation is so lacking. Why are there no refs? No net behind the goals when you kick FG or extra points? No cut scenes what so ever of your coaches and practically no penalties? The challenges are a joke presentation wise. Why not get rid of the stupid mini games and worry about the actual game. I cant give this game more than a 7/10 and thats stretching it. It makes me want to do this
Old 08-07-2007, 11:32 PM   #31
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23

Uh, I believe in Forza you have some control over the cars. I don't play as a defensive back and other than set their formation I don't control them. I have played four games, correct. How many other complaints have you seen on this board complaining of the same thing? Probably too many to count. I don't need to play the game anymore to see that all these complaints are completely justified. If that seems "dumb" to you then so be it. Maybe you should re-read my post. My main complaint was of MY OWN DEFENSE getting all these PICKS. I guess in your book that would make me TOO GOOD? I don't think I can practice to NOT GET ALL THESE PICKS! JEEEEEESH!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #32
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

I've played NCAA for so many years now, I wish I could agree with the review. I'm hoping the INT problem isn't in Madden, since this game right now is on "trade in" status for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »