Home

New theory on INTs

This is a discussion on New theory on INTs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
New theory on INTs

Okay, I have a theory based on all the games that I have played so far that leads me to believe that this is at least a major factor in the CPU throwing INTs. That factor is how many turnovers I HAVE against the CPU..... At first I thought this was crazy but after a ton of games I have to believe this is a MAJOR factor and no real surprise. EA is natorious for doing this in their other sports games. I think they like it because it helps to keep games closer or something.

In games where I am really struggling and throwing picks I notice the CPU will throw massive amounts of picks. However, if/when I have a good game and no turnovers, the CPU will have 1 maybe 2 at most. On games where I have 4 INTs and a fumble, I can expect the CPU to have 4 turnovers plus.....

Anyone else noticing this? I don't think I have ever had a game with 4 plus turnovers on my end and the CPU not at least have 4 as well. Turnovers seem to bread turnovers.... stupid!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: New theory on INTs

I've had some pretty bad INT games myself and still fail to see the cpu reciprocate for my benefit lol.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
Okay, I have a theory based on all the games that I have played so far that leads me to believe that this is at least a major factor in the CPU throwing INTs. That factor is how many turnovers I HAVE against the CPU..... At first I thought this was crazy but after a ton of games I have to believe this is a MAJOR factor and no real surprise. EA is natorious for doing this in their other sports games. I think they like it because it helps to keep games closer or something.

In games where I am really struggling and throwing picks I notice the CPU will throw massive amounts of picks. However, if/when I have a good game and no turnovers, the CPU will have 1 maybe 2 at most. On games where I have 4 INTs and a fumble, I can expect the CPU to have 4 turnovers plus.....

Anyone else noticing this? I don't think I have ever had a game with 4 plus turnovers on my end and the CPU not at least have 4 as well. Turnovers seem to bread turnovers.... stupid!
Can you say Tiger Woods Golf PGA season mode? It's a shame if this is how they make their games to play out. Peace!!!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I've had some pretty bad INT games myself and still fail to see the cpu reciprocate for my benefit lol.
Yeah I don't see it either. I've also had many games where I didn't turn the ball over or only once yet the CPU turns it over 3-4 times. The CPU has good games (1-2 TOs), bad games(3-4 TOs) and downright ridiculous games (5+ TOs). Fortunately, the ridiculous games have been rare for me and I'm enjoying the game.

One thing I like is that the game still seems balanced even when the CPU turns it over 3-4 times because it can still move the ball well and put up some points. If anything, I prefer this year's CPU offense to last year's when it was often either 3-and-out or 4-5 plays leading to a TD. The CPU never seemed to get a few first downs and then be stopped. This year it seems the ball is always moving yet the scores rarely get out of hand. I know those obsessed with realistic stats probably hate this but I find that if you just try to enjoy the game the way it is it is really fun.

Last edited by mercalnd; 08-07-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Can you say Tiger Woods Golf PGA season mode? It's a shame if this is how they make their games to play out. Peace!!!!!
This game is EXACTLY what I was thinking too in the back of my head.

Anyways... I have been doing better at turning the ball over less lately and so had the CPU but at lunch I had a game where I had 6 TOs and wouldn't you know it, the CPU had 7... 13 turnovers in one game... sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't see this either.......

My theory:

The CPU throws the ball while blindfolded and then orders everyone not to tackle your defender while running the ball back. Thus ruining the game.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #7
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

I just came off a no turnover game against Michigan and they fumbled the ball 3 times and threw 2 picks. It would have been really nice of the CPU to do that for me while getting crushed by USC though.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #8
MVP

lol That theory is almost as ridiculous as the original poster's theory

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »