Home

Freezing Issues w/ 360

This is a discussion on Freezing Issues w/ 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Freezing Issues w/ 360

I searched and found some threads with not much response. Is anybody still having hard freeze issues? I've all but given up playing. I had a good stretch of 2 days where it didn't freeze and I got through the whole season and am loving it.

But as of late it froze in my CL mode, then froze in the NC of my dynasty, then just froze again in my end of season recruiting. No music in the background like some times, just a freeze and it doesn't fix itself after any amount of time.

I did all sorts of the things to the 360...move the hot power supply away, turn in vertical, boot up to XBox screen instead of the game, even remove the game after each time I play. Nothing seems to fix it. 2k7 Hoops used to freeze every now and then but I've had no other problems. I had the red ring of death twice...but both times I turned it off and then back on and it was good to go.

Just curious if I should try and get a new game, or send in the 360? Any thoughts appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Freezing Issues w/ 360

I've done everything I can think of:

- Turning my 360 vertically (worked for a few days)
- Vacuuming out all of the dust (worked for a day)
- Clearing my cache (didn't work)
- Using a CD laser lens cleaner (worked for a few days)
- Re-adjusting the disk tray (worked for a few days)

I've been scowering the net looking for a better solution and when I find one I'll just open up my system and fix it the correct way; if that means replacing the laser lens then that's what I'll do (worked for my PS2).

In the meantime, my temporary work-around is to turn off all commentary; I've never had any disc errors with the commentary turned off/down.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
I had the red ring of death twice...but both times I turned it off and then back on and it was good to go.
Me too, and both times I was able to turn it off and re-boot.....I wonder if it affects you system though, because freezes have become more prevalent during my NCAA games as well as Dead Rising.

Last edited by animebebop_21; 08-08-2007 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Grammatical Error
Old 08-08-2007, 12:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

For some reason Mine only Freezes when I try to play a game in My dynasty.I can Play a regular game But When I try to start a game in dynasty mode It just freezes.I gave up on it..... Im just gonna wait till madden comes out
Old 08-08-2007, 03:29 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Mine just froze while I was playing online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #6
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

Question for everyone...my 360 is going back "home" to get fixed.

Do I lose everything on my hard drive? All my dynasties from 2kHoops and NCAA? Etc...
Old 08-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
Question for everyone...my 360 is going back "home" to get fixed.

Do I lose everything on my hard drive? All my dynasties from 2kHoops and NCAA? Etc...
you keep your hard drive so .......no

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-08-2007, 05:31 PM   #8
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
you keep your hard drive so .......no
Thanks. Well I have an Intercooler on there...and read that may cause some problems. So I took it off and fired it up. 30 minutes later during recruiting it froze again.

I had originally bought the Core + the hard drive at another location. So I'm just going to get a new core online and see if that helps. Then just take the other one an trade it out for some games or something.

*Edit* - Just realized I have a 2 year warranty from Best Buy where I bought it...and I got in 3/06...so I still have over 6 months left. I'm packing it up and taking it back right now. I'm sure they will argue but it should be a good time.

Last edited by McLite; 08-08-2007 at 05:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »