Home

Unbeliveable 2 star recruit!

This is a discussion on Unbeliveable 2 star recruit! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Unbeliveable 2 star recruit!

Speak of the devil. I swear to God that I just signed a 2 star Punter with 97 speed! I found him by sorting the prospect database by 40 yard dash times and there he was with A+ speed. And like I said, nobody else wanted him so it was an easy steal.
Agility is 86 and acceleration is 95! Kick power is 85, accuracy is 76.

I've already been practicing fake punt runs and he can always get at leat 5 yards past scrimmage before he gets touched. I've got him kicking off also so he should be able to catch anybody that breaks through on returns.

Has anybody else seem a punter or Kicker like this?

Last edited by robpriv; 08-13-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpriv
Has anybody else seem a punter or Kicker like this?
My P that I signed the previous year has a high rating, can't remember if it is in the 90s, but it is at least in the 80s

I signed a 2 star WR with 92 speed. I started him in the 3rd WR spot, he was averaging 150/game until he got hurt for 4 weeks. After that he wasn't the same and now in the next year, he is just starting to get going again.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:26 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhitepowder
This seems a bit unrealistic, all these yards and such. I'd up the difficulty unless your enjoying it
I agree with this, but the problem is that everything else plays perfect with my settings. When my backup comes in to spell him, he has to fight for every yard he gets and he is rated 10 points higher.

C Mc is deadly on sweeps and pitches so I rarely run them anymore. Even when I run him inside, he breaks a tackle or 2 and is gone! He is like a mixture of Reggie Bush and The Bus Bettis.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:44 PM   #28
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm pretty inconsistent with my ground game. What formations do you normally run out of?

Also, good tip on paying more attention to the individual ratings each player has. I always get too caught up in star rankings. In my first dynasty season, I had to sign mainly 3 star recruits, and managed to find some good talent, so the diamonds in the rough are definitely out there.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #29
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I'm pretty inconsistent with my ground game. What formations do you normally run out of?

Also, good tip on paying more attention to the individual ratings each player has. I always get too caught up in star rankings. In my first dynasty season, I had to sign mainly 3 star recruits, and managed to find some good talent, so the diamonds in the rough are definitely out there.
Yea this is a good point, its kind of like College Hoops in that respect, in CH you were able to find good players based on ratings not necessarily the number of *'s assigned to them.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:18 PM   #30
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Overall ratings are exaggerated because a lot of college players play more than on position. You need to look at individual ratings to see what you are getting.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 08-15-2007, 02:50 AM   #31
Rookie

mike1409's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yes, that would be of great benefit, but IMO a little too easy, You should have to "work" to find those hidden gems.

Categories that I really look for are, Awareness of course, but also on offense
carry, catch in traffic, Injury(very important this year), route running and throwing accuracy. On defense, play recognition, pursuit, power shed, man coverage are what I really focus on.
I agree that there should be some work involved but when it takes 5+ seconds to change screens after about 10 of these I stop looking for the week!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg
I was in my 1st season recruiting as 1 star SMU. I recruited a 2 star RB names Chris McDonald. He was 6'0 212 pounds and ran a 4.2 40.

I made him my #1 priority and ended up getting him!

He came in rated a modest 70 overall but had 97 speed, 60 str, 90 agi, 87 acc, 60 BTK, 86, trk, 80 Stiff arm, 85 spin, and 67 catch.

He was 3rd on the depth chart and managed to get into the 4th quarter against FCS Southeast. He took his 1st run 82 yards and never looked back. He was promoted to #1 RB and ended up the season with over 2000 yards rushing and 22 TDs. He was an AA and won the Walker trophy!

He is now in his 2nd season and is rated a 74. He is the 3rd highest rated RB on the team behind a 78 RS SR and a 84 rated Texas transfer. Doesnt matter, he is 1st on the the depth charts.

I play every game on AA with adjusted sliders that give normal results usually. In his 2nd game of the year, he had 39 car, 408 yards, 5 TD, 2 rec, 38 yards against rival TCU at their house! A huge upset over #25 ranked TCU 44-30. I was starting to think that I needed to adjust my sliders, so I played the game over and started my 84 rated RB and ended up with 25 car, 110 yards, 2 TD in a huge loss.

Chris is unreal. He has great speed and he never goes down after contact. It is almost unfair. On a sweep he will run over the FS and then out run the SS for a score.

I would imagine he will end up rated im the mid to low 80s by his Sr year and I will not get the chance to see him play in the NFL on Madden.
This is one aspect of the NCAA series that has always bothered me. If someone has sick speed like that, there is no way they should be rated anything lower than 80 as a freshman. In real life there just aren't that many guys running 4.3 40s, and those that do are highly coveted. EA needs to hire a consultant from Rivals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »