Home

*OFFICIAL* NCAA 09 Wishlist (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL* NCAA 09 Wishlist (360/PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: *OFFICIAL* NCAA 09 Wishlist (360/PS3)

One of the things that REALLY needs to be fixed, and I think this would fix any unreasonable INT issue is that the recievers don't "fight" for the ball.

In one on one only the DB really goes for the ball. Make the receivers more aggressive, especially on one on one plays.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2007, 03:13 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 20

Increase roster size as suggested above. I shouldn't have to cut players that I just recruited to make room.
-Coach names.
-A better pocket around the QB, right now it looks stupid.
-Make momentum more of a factor when running.
-Different QB motions.
-Simple/In Depth recruiting modes.
-Dynamic attendance.
-Team-specific entrances.
-Fix the sideline players/interactions. No more 400 pound men with the same number clapping at everything. Put more media, the actual players, head coaches, assisstants, and more on the sidelines. Come on, this is next gen, actually put in some work and impress us.
-Fix the damn depth chart!
-Formation subs.
-More accessories
-Actually use the ESPN license!!

I bet I'll think of more later on.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 10-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #43
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

1. Completely fix the holes in the CPU QB, RB, and WR(for the User too) A.I, and or course fix the passing trajectory too.

A. QB throws into coverage way too often. Often when facing minimum pressure.
B. QB never throws the ball away
C. Bring back CPU Vertical passing game-QB's very, very rarely will throw the ball past 15 yards anymore
D. RB's will often run right into a defender instead of going through a gaping running lane
E. WR's are way to passive in going for passes, they need to attack the ball instead of too often waiting for it to come to them.

2. Revamp the Depth charts so that the CPU can get its best players on the field.

A. If it has two LE's that are rated at 75 OVR one of them should be starting at RE instead of a 59 OVR RE.

3. Retool CPU recruitng logic

A. Don't have the CPU keep 6 QB's and only 4 CB's and 1 TE.

4. Eliminate the "no animation" bumper car tackles

A. Players are still too often tackled or sent flying by the slightest of contact.

5. Refine/Improve the branching animation technlogy.

A. Many of the add on tackles lack the fluidity of the one on one take downs
B. There still aren't enough attempts by players at adding on to tacking piles.

6. Bring back the Formation Subs screen.

7. Add true KR, PR ratings like Madden has instead of it justing being the highest rated skill players

8. Increase the effectiveness/sensitivity of slider(especially Penalty sliders)

A. Fix facemask penalty-Its broken and is never called

9. Continue to reduce the amount of warping, clipping, and suctioning

10. Fine tune Kick and Punt returns

A. Big gains come a little too easily now.(on AA)

11. Fix/and or retool the Depth Chart menu.

A. Go back to the last gen menu format, or use the Madden '08 style.

12. Bring back line of sight/head tracking for ALL positions on the field

13. Refine pass rushing/pass blocking logic so that a more realistic pocket can form.

A. Speed/finesse rushers need to try to beat blockers to the edge most of the time instead of always engaging the olineman.
B. If you fix A then be sure to fix the OT logic as well.

14. Get rid of Jump the snap.

A. Its like a "power up" move now, which temporarily makes all the ratings non applicable.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #44
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

2. Revamp the Depth charts so that the CPU can get its best players on the field.

A. If it has two LE's that are rated at 75 OVR one of them should be starting at RE instead of a 59 OVR RE.

13. Refine pass rushing/pass blocking logic so that a more realistic pocket can form.

A. Speed/finesse rushers need to try to beat blockers to the edge most of the time instead of always engaging the olineman.
B. If you fix A then be sure to fix the OT logic as well.
Many good points but the two above stood out because I forgot about how bad the cpu manages its depth chart. The pass rush techniques, particularly in an outside rush off the edge are lousy. 2K did this far better back in 2K4. What's taking so long?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:59 PM   #45
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA 09 Wishlist 360/PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
CO-OP!!!

And... create-a-school. I also want the DB that I the user am controlling to be more responsive. I'm not having any problems with the turnovers and would like the DB responsiveness to be better. I'm in perfect position to make a pick and he either just won't jump or he does the catch animation after the cpu catch. I know it isn't me because I could pick off passes really well in 07. I love the game and have little to no complaints.
if we don't get 1-AA teams.. we NEED create a school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #46
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

1. Tone down INTs. I do really like the defensive nature of the game this year...you have to work to move the ball. But Ints are out of hand....tone down just a tad.

2. Allow us to audible and hot route BEFORE our players get to the line. This really slows down the game.

3. Bring back Left Trigger + Right Trigger to automatically bring up replay mode.

4. Sliders that actually work. INT Slider at 0 should be NO INTERCEPTIONS.

5. Let us turn off Jump the Snap and/or Momentum.

6. Let us turn off coaches challenges. These never work in football games. In '08 I see 3-4 fumbles per game that are obviously after the whistle. There is no suspense, just a waste of time. Not to mention the ethical dilemma when the CPU doesn't challenge the play when his ball carrier fumbled 3 seconds after the tackle.

7. Now EA, if you are really listening, please listen closely. This year you have no doubt seen App St. and Stanford pull off incredible upsets. Now if I know you like I think I know you, then you're getting a stiffy for '09 as "The year of the Upset". Please don't. Those upsets are rare, and even though there has been a rash of them this year, the majority of teams that are suppose to win easily do win easily. Let's not see Utah St facing the Citadel in the BCS title game.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
7. Now EA, if you are really listening, please listen closely. This year you have no doubt seen App St. and Stanford pull off incredible upsets. Now if I know you like I think I know you, then you're getting a stiffy for '09 as "The year of the Upset". Please don't. Those upsets are rare, and even though there has been a rash of them this year, the majority of teams that are suppose to win easily do win easily. Let's not see Utah St facing the Citadel in the BCS title game.

I couldn't agree more. But knowing EA, I would not be the least bit surprised if this was a major feature of 09.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:17 PM   #48
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
2. 'Chess on grass' AI logic/playcalling.
I've been thinking about this a lot lately because I'm not sure I made myself clear the first time around. I thought I'd throw an example out there of what I'm talking about, and why the current AI doesn't measure up.

Let's say it's a huge game. First play, first down. I'm on defense.

What I generally like to call in this spot is something very basic: 4-3 Cover 2, for example.

I don't really care at this point what happens. All I'm looking to do is gain information: e.g. are they passing or running? If they ran, how many yards did they get? If they threw the ball, how did my rush look?

Now let's say the play (my play, that is) was successful. Say they ran the ball and lost two yards. What I'm going to do is call the same play again, looking for the same things.

So on 2nd and 12 they pass, but it's for a marginal gain. Now it's 3rd and 7.

Now what I want to do is run a simple play again, but this time, since I have the advantage, I'll add some pressure. So I'm still running a basic Cover-2, but with an OLB blitz, for example.

From here, whatever. They either pick up the first or they don't. That's beside the point. What's important is that the results of the CPU's plays MUST CORRESPOND to what I've called; the results of their playcall must MAKE SENSE with respect to what I called.

On NCAA 08, this isn't what happens.

Let's say I'm again on defense and looking at a 2nd and 4. They've been passing consistently, I'm a little flustered, and I'm looking to stop the pass with - ya know, pass defense. I call some nickel-zone play. Whatever.

THEY RUN.

What happens? Loss of 2, or a 1-yard gain, something like that.

So what have we learned, in the sense described above? That apparently this team can't run against nickel zones. I'm conceding the run, and they can't run. No, they're passing - and completing passes, moreover - despite the fact that I'm not paying any attention to defending the run.

Now I understand this is a scenario that could unfold. I'm not saying that this should 'never' happen. What I'm saying is that there's no rhyme or reason to the CPU's playcalling, and that even when I call plays that should dictate what the CPU does (e.g., stuffing the box, playing dime coverage against 3WR) their playcalling continues along its seemingly random routine that apparently has almost nothing to do what I call.

I'm still not certain how clear that is, but, if you're listening EA, do something about it. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »