Home

Please STOP!!!

This is a discussion on Please STOP!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 01:39 PM   #9
Rookie

jayo's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Please STOP!!!

Quote:
With the post play antics. I mean after every play the running backs are fist pumping and arm waving.

3rd down 1 yard to go. RB dive - didn't pick up first down - 4th and inches. Yet the RB is still acting like he just scored a TD in the Rose Bowl. Come on, I would rather see NO post play animations than how its set up now.

ALSO, after fifteen years you would think EA would learn that if you win the coin flip you have the option to defer to 2nd half.
Yeah this really pisses me off. I've had several times where I will stop a team from getting a 1st on 3rd down, only to have my LB/DB jump up and celebrate and incur a 15 yard penalty. It happens wayyyy to often and is very annoying.

Also the computer does always pick to receive, which is not that big of a deal, but you would think EA could get that to be a better ratio.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #10
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

It does get annoying but what are you going to do.

I noticed it last night where the QB threw a toss to the HB and he broke the first tackle but was gang tackled after that. Loss of two yards but he still celebrated... found it pretty funny.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #11
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Well if we're gonna discuss it, the worst part about the post-play stuff is how the 'branching animations' are all wack. Guys start an animation, stop, trot one way, stop, start trotting again, stop, bump into a few guys .... start trotting more. It's pretty lame, to say the least.

And this is not even to mention that we're still not seeing multiple-player celebrations. What's with my RB standing in the endzone by himself and not getting mauled by his teammates? I'm sorry, but I don't think that's nit-picking at all. It's 2007. We should be getting celebrations with a little life - after TDs, after sacks, after INTs, the whole nine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 02:11 PM   #12
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Well if we're gonna discuss it, the worst part about the post-play stuff is how the 'branching animations' are all wack. Guys start an animation, stop, trot one way, stop, start trotting again, stop, bump into a few guys .... start trotting more. It's pretty lame, to say the least.

And this is not even to mention that we're still not seeing multiple-player celebrations. What's with my RB standing in the endzone by himself and not getting mauled by his teammates? I'm sorry, but I don't think that's nit-picking at all. It's 2007. We should be getting celebrations with a little life - after TDs, after sacks, after INTs, the whole nine.

they definately used to have team celebrations on defense...especially on sacks...i dont understand y EA takes all of these little things out
Old 08-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #13
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iahawkeyedds
With the post play antics. I mean after every play the running backs are fist pumping and arm waving.

3rd down 1 yard to go. RB dive - didn't pick up first down - 4th and inches. Yet the RB is still acting like he just scored a TD in the Rose Bowl. Come on, I would rather see NO post play animations than how its set up now.
Funny and annoying at times... At least give EA an "E" for effort. I think they should've worked on post play animations alittle more limiting them only to big catches, big defensive stops, big gains, ints and td's.

Nothing sucks more than to have your "earmuffs" handed to you at home late in the 4th qtr. and guys are celebrating
Old 08-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #14
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
I know dude... it's like there trying to find the huddle...wait over here... no...over there...crap
But I still enjoy playing NCAA 08'. I'm not going to stop just because Madden has arrived and
suddenly the same guys that praised NCAA 08' are beating it like a dead horse and running to
GameStop. My copy will be shipped to my office this week and I'm really not in big hurry to open
it at all. I'm taking the good with the bad. Might I aslo add it would raise my gaming enjoyment
if EA could address a few posted game issues that I don't want to get into at this time.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:18 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Technically if you win the coin flip and elect to kick - then to begin the 2nd half your oppent by rule has the choice to make you kick again.

Not a big detail because there are ways around it in this game but it is a little detail (for more realism) that would be easy to fix IMO.

Last edited by iahawkeyedds; 08-13-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #16
Rookie

dawgdan7280's Arena

OVR: 4

[quote=iahawkeyedds;2037653868]Technically if you win the coin flip and elect to kick - then to begin the 2nd half your oppent by rule has the choice to make you kick again./QUOTE]

That can't be right. Are other teams just being nice and letting the team who defers get the ball to start the 2nd half? Or are you saying that no college coach knows that rule. Why would anybody not make you kick again?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »