Home

CPU INT House Rule

This is a discussion on CPU INT House Rule within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
CPU INT House Rule

I mentioned this already in my slider log thread, but I figure it's appropriate to post here as well.

In the event of a CPU INT that seems cheap, treat it as a punt. That is, do not advance the football, and if you're so inclined, run backwards to a 'realistic' spot on the field.

Okay, stop laughing. I know how extreme it sounds. However, at the end of the day, it amounts to nothing more than a statistical glitch, not much worse than the ERA bug in 2K7.

So your secondary has too many INTs and the opposing QBs throw too many - statistically. Big deal. What we don't want is for the INTs to ruin what is otherwise a great game. So, treat the INT just like you would any standard change of possession. Problem solved.

Of course, treat 'legit' INTs however you want. But you have to admit, this is a pretty failsafe way of reducing the utter cheese INTs to a statistical glitch and avoid it being a complete (or close to it) game-killer.

Please discuss pros and cons. I'm having a hard time finding any cons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 02:20 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: CPU INT House Rule

I just deal with the interception problem for what it is. I can't see myself running backwards after getting interceptions. I'm sure other people will do this, but I just can't. And we all know that if you get a "cheap" interception in the 4th qtr of that close conference championship game you are going to run it back if possible.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
Rookie

jayo's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
if you get a "cheap" interception in the 4th qtr of that close conference championship game you are going to run it back if possible.
Yep.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

I've been thinking about adopting this in my dynasty. It's far to easy to turn an INT into a pick 6 with my sliders so I'm inclined to try it.

Good post.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #5
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

My rule is somewhat similar. As soon as I get an INT with a DB, I tap X for the duckdown move and kill the play. The only time I allow myself to run it back is during the 4th quarter and I cannot use the sprint trigger. I think I have had only 1 or 2 pick 6s in my last 20 games and I could have had at least 20-25.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I run back INT's every chance I get. I still manage to lose games. Guess I suck. LOL
Old 08-13-2007, 03:13 PM   #7
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
I mentioned this already in my slider log thread, but I figure it's appropriate to post here as well.

In the event of a CPU INT that seems cheap, treat it as a punt. That is, do not advance the football, and if you're so inclined, run backwards to a 'realistic' spot on the field.

Okay, stop laughing. I know how extreme it sounds. However, at the end of the day, it amounts to nothing more than a statistical glitch, not much worse than the ERA bug in 2K7.

So your secondary has too many INTs and the opposing QBs throw too many - statistically. Big deal. What we don't want is for the INTs to ruin what is otherwise a great game. So, treat the INT just like you would any standard change of possession. Problem solved.

Of course, treat 'legit' INTs however you want. But you have to admit, this is a pretty failsafe way of reducing the utter cheese INTs to a statistical glitch and avoid it being a complete (or close to it) game-killer.

Please discuss pros and cons. I'm having a hard time finding any cons.
I treat them all as Legit Int's unless you have a way of differentiating them
Old 08-13-2007, 03:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

In quarters 1-3 I press X and in the 4th quarterback, it's fair game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »