Home

Why do people try to sell their sliders?

This is a discussion on Why do people try to sell their sliders? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Why do people try to sell their sliders?

I don't get this notion of why people put stuff like "Perfect set of sliders" or "Last sliders you will ever need" in their topic for their sliders and then you go in there and find out that they are constantly changing them!!! ROFLMAO! Isn't that like trying to sell someone a car by stating last car you will EVER HAVE TO BUY because it is perfect in every way and then telling them to come back by next week because you will have a new/better model for them to look at and test drive?

LOL, i get a kick out of this when I read their passion and salesmanship inside the post. Its not just, hey, here are my sliders and my results good luck if you use them, it is a sales job like they will get a royalty if you do use them or something.... cracks me up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #2
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Why do people try to sell their sliders?

Because they want people to try them. "Tweaking sliders that aren't that great yet" isn't going to attract people to that topic.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
I don't get this notion of why people put stuff like "Perfect set of sliders" or "Last sliders you will ever need" in their topic for their sliders and then you go in there and find out that they are constantly changing them!!! ROFLMAO! Isn't that like trying to sell someone a car by stating last car you will EVER HAVE TO BUY because it is perfect in every way and then telling them to come back by next week because you will have a new/better model for them to look at and test drive?

LOL, i get a kick out of this when I read their passion and salesmanship inside the post. Its not just, hey, here are my sliders and my results good luck if you use them, it is a sales job like they will get a royalty if you do use them or something.... cracks me up!

People constantly change their sliders beacuse even though they may have fixed something wrong in the game they may have caused another problem like hadicapping the hum or the off.

Just like mine I have finally gotten my sliders to were the cpu get interceptions legit now and vice versa. I also got the teams playing to their grade level the best that I possiable can. So I am goining to admitt that I have gone as far with mine that i possiabley can. I had to update my newest ones twice the first time I put up the wrong numbers and the second time was not really to change anything, but I noticed that I made the cpu good enough on defense that every team in the game can't play on the hum settings so I had to raise my offense alittle bit. Its strange because if you use the ones that I got posted right now their are some teams in the game you can get yardage with while other you will need the updated patch that I just released.

To sum up what I am saying is sometimes you fix something to only find something else wrong that needs to be fixed. and sometimes it takes several updates to do it, because you might think you have it fixed for awhile then all of a sudden you see you don't or you messed something else up.

But in reality their are no perfect slider sets out their. But I do feel like I have made min to where the players have to use their ratings the most. because no one else makes theirs like I do. and if you look at alote of the numbers on their sliders all they are doining is making it to where any team can put up good numbers as to where I am trying to make a team play good only if it is good and vice versa. In my Opionion I have accomplished that aspect the best.

Feel free to try my lastest set out i promise you that the last update I just put out was the last. Like I said smaller teams were lacking on offense but with my latest update it makes them alittle bit stronger but not strong enough to get unrealistic game play.

do me a favor and try them out and feel free to post your reply good or bad.

just click my sig
Old 08-14-2007, 09:57 AM   #4
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

The other reason that sliders change is becasue the more you play the better you get and so you have to constantly tweak to counter this. Also, the ability of one does not make it a perfect fit for the ability of another.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:25 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

{}*tHe{:}Slider{:}gOd*{}, I would try them but I have up on AA a while back... actually I gave up on it then went back to them only to give up again a few more times. I just don't feel any competition from the CPU on AA. I feel that I can call the same plays over and over where on heisman the CPU makes adjustments to take stuff away from me and make me alter my play calling..... and this i love.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce

Yeah I agree it's funny. And silly too because with different people's skill level you can't post something like "Last set of sliders you will ever need". That's like saying that you have the perfect meal prepared at a restaurant. How do you even know the diners like what is on your menu??

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-14-2007, 12:21 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I don't get it either. What I do try to do is get the computer to call realistic plays and get realistic stats against me with me only controlling the DT. That way I can gauge if the players appear to be playing according to their ratings.

As far as the offensive side of the ball, thats all about skill level, so that is up to the user. I wouldn't expect alot of people to have the same offensive sliders as me, but if you want to play with just the DT and let the game play out on Defense more according to ratings, then I would hope people would at least give mine a shot.

The other thing is that it takes literally 20 games to test a slider set once you think they are where the need to be. So I like feedback because I may have just seen an anomoly and dismiss the sliders when they actually work. For example if 2 games in a row, I am able to break long runs up the middle, I might lower the blocking slider because the YPC are too high, well little would I know that the next 2 games I get stuffed right and left and the YPC is dead on through 4 games. It just takes months of testing to get them where you need to be if you want to properly analyze the stats. Sometimes I hate sliders...I digress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »