Home

recruiting tips from the producer..

This is a discussion on recruiting tips from the producer.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: recruiting tips from the producer..

Has anyone gone through enough seasons to see if you can keep a full compliment of scholarships awarded? This was a real killer last year...by the fourth year in a dynasty, I had walk-ons all over the place - regardless of success!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #26
Rookie

frago's Arena

OVR: 6

Sticky candidate
Old 08-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I've started following my pitches through to completion, and I think I'm getting better results. My strategy is to hard sell one pitch each week if I'm the number 1 school. If I'm not, I'll try two, time permitting.

It really stinks trying to wait these pitches out though, because sometimes they'll eat up a bunch of clock and I can only get through my top 15 recruits or so. I think they need to give us more time each week, because with the current setup, it's almost impossible to give attention to 20 guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The producer says he really only focuses on around 7 players a week. He made it seem as though its not intended to let you call a lot of player each week.
Yea I think they purposely only gave you 10hrs so you couldn't spending time effectively talking to every player on your board every week...I trying to my top 15 and then whatever time I have left over I spend on the rest depending on how much interest they have in me.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:48 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm in love with recruiting this year. Having the ability to sway guys makes it possible for the Utah States of the world to sign that 4* player when they're only a 1* team.

EA...you got something right.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:59 PM   #29
Rookie

frago's Arena

OVR: 6

pretty darn sure that having A scholarship offer in hand that it gives an interest increase each week even if not called/pitched.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #30
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by frago
pretty darn sure that having A scholarship offer in hand that it gives an interest increase each week even if not called/pitched.
I would like to see this confirmed. I just don't want to miss out on one of my top guys because I'm forced (at some point) to pay attention to the guys further down the board. I need some depth on my team eventually.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #31
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I try to handle about 15 players a week. I'd only focus on 7 or so if I thought I could get good talent in the offseason, but this year's game seems to have all the best talent during the in-season recruiting whereas in the past it was pretty equal between in-season and offseason recruiting.
Not sure what gen you're playing, but on the 360, everyone is available from the start of the season. In previous years, only a handful of guys would be available for in-season recruiting. If a recruit doesn't sign in-season, they just carry over to the off-season process where you do in-home visits. As far as I know, there are no additional players that show up in the off season that weren't there during the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 01:35 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
Not sure what gen you're playing, but on the 360, everyone is available from the start of the season. In previous years, only a handful of guys would be available for in-season recruiting. If a recruit doesn't sign in-season, they just carry over to the off-season process where you do in-home visits. As far as I know, there are no additional players that show up in the off season that weren't there during the season.

QFT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »