Home

what defines cheesing?

This is a discussion on what defines cheesing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
DH7
Rookie

OVR: 1
what defines cheesing?

I have just started playing online, and it is a lot of fun, definitely more fun than playing CPU if you get a good connection. My question is, what defines cheesy play? I have a pretty good idea, but as I looked back at some of my plays, I wondered. I took 7-8 step drops at times, but I see this as necessity considering how blitz happy most players are, and it allows my backs to be effective picking up pass rushers. Its not a ridiculous 15-20 yd straight backwards sprint out, but I wanted opinions. Also, would you consider throwing to your backs a lot cheese? It can easily be defended but many people blitz so hard the backs can be wide open a lot. Thought I would see what other peoples opinions are - thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: what defines cheesing?

If you have to ask "is such and such cheesing" then it probably is.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
Rookie

KC Fire's Arena

OVR: 5

No, throwing to your backs alot is not cheese. If you were getting 7 or 8 yards on every running play up the middle would you stop doing it? Just because your opponent isn't smart enough to stop a play doesn't mean your cheesing. Cheesing is going for it on 4th and long, running no huddle on every play and finding exploits in the game and using them to your advantage. Of course everybodys definition of cheesing is different.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 24

Anything that is a game exploit for sure is cheesing. Other things often considered cheesing would be using no huddle alot, going for it on 4th and long, things listed by others here.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

How about motioning RBs out of the backfield and running out routes versus man to man defense.... is that cheesing? If you RB is fast, they get massive separation on the DBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 09:12 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Fire
No, throwing to your backs alot is not cheese. If you were getting 7 or 8 yards on every running play up the middle would you stop doing it? Just because your opponent isn't smart enough to stop a play doesn't mean your cheesing. Cheesing is going for it on 4th and long, running no huddle on every play and finding exploits in the game and using them to your advantage. Of course everybodys definition of cheesing is different.
IIRC, in NCAA 2006 because of how over charged impact players were it was considered cheesing to keep running up the middle. That being said, I never agreed with that, running the ball between the tackles is the most basic play in football.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:22 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
IIRC, in NCAA 2006 because of how over charged impact players were it was considered cheesing to keep running up the middle. That being said, I never agreed with that, running the ball between the tackles is the most basic play in football.
on heisman running up the middle is as far from cheesing as it can get.... what i want an opinion on is motioning a RB out of the backfield and throwing to him vs. man to man coverage. he will get a LB or safety manned on him and you can really take advantage of it.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 62

USC did it all the time with Reggie Bush, the Chargers do it all the time with LT, as such no it isn't cheesing, it's taking advantage if a mismatch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »