Home

recruiting difficulty

This is a discussion on recruiting difficulty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2007, 05:28 PM   #9
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: recruiting difficulty

recruiting with the big time schools is way too easy i mean with my florida dynasty i let the cpu do all the talking, which is kind of cheap because you can talk to a prospect and hang up and the cpu can go back and talk to him again( another glitch) and I think that the cpu gets way too much out of the time you leave for it, so that wont help it almost hurts, even if you only offer to those that have you in their top three do you know how many recruits you will still get. I do think that it is harder to take a 1 star school(not in florida cali or texas) and build it up, because no real studs will be interested in your school at least the first year or so.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:05 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
recruiting with the big time schools is way too easy i mean with my florida dynasty i let the cpu do all the talking, which is kind of cheap because you can talk to a prospect and hang up and the cpu can go back and talk to him again( another glitch) and I think that the cpu gets way too much out of the time you leave for it, so that wont help it almost hurts, even if you only offer to those that have you in their top three do you know how many recruits you will still get. I do think that it is harder to take a 1 star school(not in florida cali or texas) and build it up, because no real studs will be interested in your school at least the first year or so.
Your also talking about the elite, in an elite recruiting state (Texas, Cally, Florida). All you can really do with an elite team, in an elite state is turn off all recruiting assistance and limit your hours to say 5 per week.

In most teams cases, you could just limit to instate and have a hard time staying or getting good. When you factor in losing at rate closer to when the real teams do, you can have a nice balance.

The bottom line, they are house rules, its up to you guys to whether you follow them. I just gave examples of ones i think are easy and can make the recruiting harder. Personally, i am going with the fewer hours and recruiting assistance off. If anything its even less work then normal because you doing less recruiting calls, etc. Also, with fewer hours that likely will get you to focus on the players closer to home as you then have that elite for proximity.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #11
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I rarely check where my recruiting class ranks because I just mainly go after speed guys who are in my homestate of Florida. Then I just let the CPU do the rest after filling my recruiting board.

I just wish that you have more control of players developing. Too many times I bring in someone who wasnt that high of a recruit but they turn out to be a good player only to have them improve say 2 points over the year and mabye 2-4 pts in the off-season. I'm not saying they should jump up bigtime in the ratings but recruiting in real-life is hit or miss and alot of studs were guys who weren't recruited so highly out of HS
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »