Home

PS2 Version on PS3 ?

This is a discussion on PS2 Version on PS3 ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
PS2 Version on PS3 ?

I've got the PS3 version of the game but am not happy with the fumbles and int by the cpu. The game also seems to lack any atmosphere.

Is it worth getting the ps2 version and playing on the ps3 ?

Does the ps2 version have turnover problems like the ps3 ?

What are the graphics like playing the ps2 version on a ps3, are they upgraded compared to the regular ps2 version ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: PS2 Version on PS3 ?

yeah I dont see why not... I bought the ps2 version the other day for the ps3, its fun to me.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:29 PM   #3
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
What are the graphics like playing the ps2 version on a ps3, are they upgraded compared to the regular ps2 version ?
The PS3 will 'upscale' PS2 games if you have an HDTV, just like it does for DVDs, but it won't be anything mind-blowing. And if you're in standard def, it will look exactly the same.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

I've got a HD monitor so it should help the graphics a bit.

I was wondering how the game compared to the ps3 version. I got rid of Madden ps3 and switched to PC and its so much better gameplay wise. No int and fumble frenzies anymore and the game is much deeper.

I was hoping the ps2 version of ncaa would be the same.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:18 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

any other info on this? I have the ps3 version and I'm almost done with it, it's just ******** with the INT's and the depth chart issues. Do those same problems exist on the ps2 version. If not, I'd like to get the ps2 version and start my dynasty and just play it on my ps3. Any answers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2007, 09:58 AM   #6
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I play the PS2 version on a PS3 and here is my take having played both.

I have a Standard Def TV also.

I will say this. If the PS3 version had multiple playable camera angles I would have stuck with it. There are, IMO, gameplay issues in the PS2 version as well.

1. Holding Penalties are crazy. Even if you set holding penalties to zero you still get a ton and they always seem to come on big plays. It happens for both CPU & Human. It does help to keep scores down. For the first time ever I lead the Big Ten in Penalties. It can get a little annoying though. I basically had to turn down false starts to get les Penalties. My last tow games before lowering false starts. 13 & 11 Penalties. After lowering False Starts i had 6 but it could have been just a lower game.

2. The D is in on you like crazy. There is almost no time to throw. This is on All-American with my Pass Block at 99 and CPU BreakBlock at 20. I keep lowering Break Block to try and get some more time but after four games I again lead the Big Ten in Sacks Allowed.

That being said, if you liked the old gameplay of the PS2 the you can't go wrong. It still is fun. But if they had the Overhead Camera Angle on PS3 I would have stuck with it.

So, IMO, if you like the PS3 version camera angle I would stick with the PS3. I just hate that angle. Not being able to see outside Receivers kiils the fun for me. Plus the PS3 version felt a little slow. PS2 version feels like it's on speed after playign the PS3.

That my thoughts, take if for whatever.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:58 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

thanks for the info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »