Home

A couple of questions...thinking about buying..

This is a discussion on A couple of questions...thinking about buying.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
A couple of questions...thinking about buying..

Im not the biggest college football fan, but im middle of the pack. Im NFL first, but im tired of madden already and after being a bit disappointed last year (07) I didnt get (08) this year, but im now considering it since Madden didnt really fill my football gaming fix.

A few questions I got...(for 360)

- How is homefield advantage? I remember it in I thikn 05 or 06? Where it had the meter and the pulse. Is it similar?

-Can you edit the players class before or during dynasty? Like can you switch a Junior into a freshman before starting your dynasty?

-How is the "feel" of the bigger games. Like can you feel any difference from when Florida is playing USF compaired to when Michigan travels to Notre Dame stadium? Also bowl games have any different feel?

-Will I completely miss out on good recruites if I am not indepth during the season and pretty much just focus on playing games from week to week? IE: is there a cpu ast option for in season. Can I get a good class by just concentrating on recruites in the off season?

Alright much much appriciated.

Follow me on www.twitter.com/thedrozd
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: A couple of questions...thinking about buying..

I can't answer everything but will do my best (I have the PS3 version).

- How is homefield advantage? I remember it in I thikn 05 or 06? Where it had the meter and the pulse. Is it similar?
Its not the same at all - no pulse or meter. You can still hot route and its barely noticeable imo.

-Can you edit the players class before or during dynasty? Like can you switch a Junior into a freshman before starting your dynasty?
I think you can edit class before a dynasty but I don't fool with the rosters much.

-How is the "feel" of the bigger games. Like can you feel any difference from when Florida is playing USF compaired to when Michigan travels to Notre Dame stadium? Also bowl games have any different feel?
The atmosphere isn't as good as the old PS2/XBox games. I don't think the crowds get loud enough and more can be done here. Its not terrible but I'm not sure you really feel a rivalry game any more than another game. I've only played in one bowl and I didn't notice anything special but it was only the Music City Bowl.

-Will I completely miss out on good recruites if I am not indepth during the season and pretty much just focus on playing games from week to week? IE: is there a cpu ast option for in season. Can I get a good class by just concentrating on recruites in the off season?
I let the cpu do the vast majority of my recruiting (there are three options you can turn on and off for I think) and it does an average or realistic job. Most of your top recruits will sign during the season. You can't just focus on a 4 or 5* player after the season that you haven't tried to woo already and expect to get him. They go quickly in the offseason if they make it that far. There isn't a clear separation from in-season to off-season recruiting like in the past. Its just a continuation of what you did during the season although you can start promising things to players like playing time in the offseason.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:33 PM   #3
Rookie

SevenArmz's Arena

OVR: 3

No meter in this game but there is the inability to call a hot route (WR cant hear the QB) sometimes or the false starts from the crowd noise.

I think u can only edit the class before u start the dynasty.

The feel is different to me cause those crowds are louder and more into the game. They boo penalties, coaching decisions, drop balls and such.

I always do all my own recruiting so im not sure how good the CPU is with doing it for u.

Overall i love the game on PS3, just hate the stuff thats not there that im used to seeing in the current gen like: Refs on the field, kicking nets, coaches on the sideline with the cut scenes, campus challenge, create a team, spring game, school names in the endzones during bowl games, yard marker refs. Hope they dont miss these little things next year which add to the overall realism of the game.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:55 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

Alright thanks guys. Im probably gonna pick the game up tonight.

Follow me on www.twitter.com/thedrozd
Old 09-13-2007, 03:23 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 7

No, you can NOT edit class in 08. They gave us the ability to do it for the first time ever in the series last year on the 360, but took it back out this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »