Home

A Patch is out for NCAA Football 08 PS3 No Joke!!!!

This is a discussion on A Patch is out for NCAA Football 08 PS3 No Joke!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2007, 10:18 PM   #201
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: A Patch is out for NCAA Football 08 PS3 No Joke!!!!

I started a new post-patch dynasty. INTs are still a tad high, but it's not as ridiculous as before. I still get 1-3 per game on average. I think there were a couple of games where I didn't get one and one game where I got four.

I was playing on default AA. Halfway through the season, I dropped the INT slider to 0. Didn't seem to make a difference at all. In fact, I think I got (and threw) more INTs with it at 0 than at 50.

Fumbles haven't been a problem for me at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #202
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Through 12 games of my post-patch dynasty, I've thrown 12 INTs and lost 4 fumbles. The CPU has thrown 25 INTs with 9 lost fumbles.

I can't remember exactly which game I changed the INT slider to 0, but I picked off four passes in my last game against Kentucky, which was with the slider at 0.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:47 PM   #203
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
In fact, I think I got (and threw) more INTs with it at 0 than at 50.
Are you going to try it at 50 again and see how the game reacts???
Old 11-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #204
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Through 12 games of my post-patch dynasty, I've thrown 12 INTs and lost 4 fumbles. The CPU has thrown 25 INTs with 9 lost fumbles.

I can't remember exactly which game I changed the INT slider to 0, but I picked off four passes in my last game against Kentucky, which was with the slider at 0.
The INT slider only affects the DBs hands so they drop a few more. Defensive awareness is the most important area of the game in terms of cpu INTs imo. I still think human defensive awareness should probably be 0 on all difficulty levels (at least AA and below) to help reduce INTs. You might need to juice up the CPU QB Accuracy as well. I agree that the accuracy slider is more like a QB ability slider and increasing it makes the cpu more dangerous. What is your human defensive awareness at?

A couple other things to improve the cpu INT issue is cpu pass protection and their running game. If the cpu gets rushed too much they make horrible decisions. Their pass protection is great on default AA so its not really an issue imo unless you are a stud rushing the passer. You can also really help out the cpu QB by making their running game more dangerous as well. If they can run the ball more, it will create less 3rd and longs and also force you to bring more players up to stop the run and create more room for plays in the secondary.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:58 AM   #205
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Defensive awareness is the most important area of the game in terms of cpu INTs imo. I still think human defensive awareness should probably be 0 on all difficulty levels (at least AA and below) to help reduce INTs.
Oddly enough, since making this observation, I've been playing my games with AWR at 100. In the five games I've played since, my defense has a total of 9 INTs, 4 of which came in one game. Not to mention, I've also been playing with the CPU's QBA at 35, so I'm seeing completion-pct's in the mid-50's, too.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 11-28-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #206
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Oddly enough, since making this observation, I've been playing my games with AWR at 100. In the five games I've played since, my defense has a total of 9 INTs, 4 of which came in one game. Not to mention, I've also been playing with the CPU's QBA at 35, so I'm seeing completion-pct's in the mid-50's, too.
I'm not sure I buy this concept. Sure, maybe the dumb CB makes more plays in zone because he wasn't supposed to be in a certain spot but raising awareness to 100 would just lead me to play man-to-man defense all game long and my CBs would stop everything. I'm seeing good stuff with low awareness and higher CPU QBAs. If this works for you then great but I'm not ready to buy in yet.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:29 AM   #207
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't even know that I buy into it, that's why I haven't posted the any changes in my slider thread; I want to play through a full season before deciding what's what. Just saying, for what it's worth, my int numbers are the same, if not down, after the moving AWR to 100, and thus I can't buy into "Defensive awareness is the most important area of the game in terms of cpu INTs" either.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #208
MVP

OVR: 18

I've been playing with Jistic's sliders which are pretty near default AA and I'm getting good results since getting the patch. He has Ints at 0 and KND at 85 I think. Played my first 2 games in dynasty with UL-Lafayette and only picked off one pass in each game. Better defenses probably pick off more passes but as I remember doing a season with ULL back in August and I would pick 3-4 passes every game.

As I eluded to before I can now actually see plays that I know would have been picks before but now aren't. With these sliders I have also seen a fair share of incomplete passes by the CPU than with slider sets in which AWR, KND and INT are extremely low. Whenever I use these sets, I often get frustrated on D because my players seem completely inept and I have to rely on the CPU making 3 bad plays in a row or turning it over to get a stop. This leads to humongous completion % by scrub QBs and only reduces Ints very marginally. i prefer to live with slightly more Ints (which IMO are now very tolerable) and having my team actually playing D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »