Home

Just Bought the 360 Version

This is a discussion on Just Bought the 360 Version within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Just Bought the 360 Version

Despite what everyone was saying, I went and bought the 360 version. The automatic FG's and pursuit angles were just driving me nuts on the PS2 version.

I also ordered a Datel Kit to get rosters. Hope I didn't just flush $30 down the drain, but I figure I can't go until next July without football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Just Bought the 360 Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Despite what everyone was saying, I went and bought the 360 version. The automatic FG's and pursuit angles were just driving me nuts on the PS2 version.

I also ordered a Datel Kit to get rosters. Hope I didn't just flush $30 down the drain, but I figure I can't go until next July without football.

i hope you bothered trying to tweak fg accuracy and power in the sliders first? nad the ai on the 360 takes crappy pursuit angles too

congrats on wasting $400
Old 10-31-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Should have bought a PS3 instead.

Hope you like it. The game definately has its issues and takes a while to adjust to it. You are a phenomenal gamer anyways playing on crazy Heisman sliders. I'll be curious to see how you adjust and your thoughts on the game.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:46 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpkns34
i hope you bothered trying to tweak fg accuracy and power in the sliders first? nad the ai on the 360 takes crappy pursuit angles too

congrats on wasting $400
I love the 360 so far so it wasn't a waste and I would have got the 360 when the College Hoops and COD came out anyway. Believe me I tried everything to fix the fg problem. Just plain broken. The PS2 is just played out they aren't getting any support anymore the sports games aren't getting any fixes to their glaring problems anymore.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:47 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Should have bought a PS3 instead.

Hope you like it. The game definately has its issues and takes a while to adjust to it. You are a phenomenal gamer anyways playing on crazy Heisman sliders. I'll be curious to see how you adjust and your thoughts on the game.
Thanks Rudy. I'll give you a full update when I get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2007, 02:17 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I love the 360 so far so it wasn't a waste and I would have got the 360 when the College Hoops and COD came out anyway. Believe me I tried everything to fix the fg problem. Just plain broken. The PS2 is just played out they aren't getting any support anymore the sports games aren't getting any fixes to their glaring problems anymore.
just glad you didn't get the 360 just for ncaa08
Old 11-01-2007, 05:44 AM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Thanks Rudy. I'll give you a full update when I get it.
Just drop human defensive awareness to 0 no matter what level you play on or you will pick off the cpu far too often. Drop INTs for both sides down to 0 while you're at it.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:02 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

If EA doesn't completely focus on CPU AI for next year I am definitely not getting this game. For the past 3 years the game has been nothing more then a 1 month tease where I spend 150 hours attempting to find sliders to fix the damn game issues. If these 3 basic things are not fixed then screw it, I am through.

1) CPU individual player AI: Things like pursuit angles and knowing that you are trying to run down a faster player need to be included in the logic of how to pursue a ball carrier or potential receiver. This would fix things like man to man coverage (in particular fast RBs being covered by slower LBs) option pitches to wide open players, and really help coverage on PA when in man to man. Also, the players vision needs to be taken into effect of what a non user controlled player can even see and react to. Players need to learn from playing zone coverages after they are picked apart with curl routes. There should be constant learning and adjustments taking place on an individual player level which is perhaps easier for some veteran players to do then younger guys, or this is factored in AWR number.

2) Presnap CPU AI. This series has been out a LONG TIME now and they have had things like line slanting, shifting, audibles for the defenses for years yet the CPU doesn't use these at all. The CPU needs to start doing the things that humans do to try to get the advantage. I want to feel like I am playing something with intelligence that is trying to beat me with strategy, not blatant cheating. Perhaps when I turn up the difficulty level the CPU should be doing more of these type of things rather then just giving them all massive rating boosts and eyes in the back of their heads.

3) CPU simply has to have some sort of memory so it can learn what works and what doesn't. Both on offense and defense the CPU must record what is being done against it so it can make changes just like a person would. In the game this year you can run the 5-2 pinch blitz, shift the LBs inside and get to the QB like 50% of the time. If you tried this against a human the human would throw to the RBs in the flats and destroy you and take you out of this but the CPU just continues to randomly call plays and eat the ball every time it randomly calls the wrong one against a defense that you can call on every play of the entire game. Same goes for offense. In this years game I can easily go undefeated on heisman using 3 simply plays. Now, I am stuffed at times because the CPU will randomly call a great defense against what I am doing but they simply go away from it because it is random and I am able to get massive yardage the majority of time.

Real football and real coaching is all about playing a chess game and finding something that works and exploiting it until the other team takes it away. Unfortunately since EA's products don't seem to have any sort of memory or ability to make adjustments to what the user is doing it turns into a pile of house rules in an attempt to simply make the game fun. I think EA should actually use their customers to beta test the game like other companies do and make the game so much better. Rather, it sure seems that it is not tested until release and then it is simply too late.

Last edited by Keyser Soze; 11-01-2007 at 09:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »