Home

Just bought a PS3

This is a discussion on Just bought a PS3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
Rookie

coachk75's Arena

OVR: 2
Just bought a PS3

And I was wondering how do you transfer roster from the computer to the ps3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
MVP

andybaseball2005's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Just bought a PS3

Directions for PS3 roster sharing
Old 01-10-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
Rookie

coachk75's Arena

cool thanks man
Old 01-11-2008, 12:22 AM   #4
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Why did you do that? Seriously. I have both systems xbox 360 and PS3, and so far most of the sports games are ported from the 360 to the PS3, so the PS3 ones are inferior.

I think the PS3 has a lot of potential, but unless there are certain games that are only on the PS3 or you wanted a Blu-Ray player then it just isn't worth buying now. Plus, it is not getting the support it should get (take the Madden patch).

I have been extremely disappointed. Take it back and get a xbox 360 with HDMI and a 65 nm Falcon CPU (so you don't get the overheating issues as much (see my post in Madden patch)). Just my opinion. I sincerely hope we get more games for it, and that they start making sports game on it and not just ports, but I don't think that will happen because of the installed 360 base. I have not sold mine however because I use the Blu-Ray to watch movies, and I love MLB 08 and the MLB series.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:35 AM   #5
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Why did you do that? Seriously. I have both systems xbox 360 and PS3, and so far most of the sports games are ported from the 360 to the PS3, so the PS3 ones are inferior.

I think the PS3 has a lot of potential, but unless there are certain games that are only on the PS3 or you wanted a Blu-Ray player then it just isn't worth buying now. Plus, it is not getting the support it should get (take the Madden patch).

I have been extremely disappointed. Take it back and get a xbox 360 with HDMI and a 65 nm Falcon CPU (so you don't get the overheating issues as much (see my post in Madden patch)). Just my opinion. I sincerely hope we get more games for it, and that they start making sports game on it and not just ports, but I don't think that will happen because of the installed 360 base. I have not sold mine however because I use the Blu-Ray to watch movies, and I love MLB 08 and the MLB series.

Maybe he didn't want a system that messed up all the time. HA I just bought my 360 back in May and already had to send it off once and the one I have now seems to lock up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus

I really disagree with this line of thinking. In terms of sports gaming, I personally think the PS3 is the way to go and not just because the system is far more reliable. For NCAA, you don't have to buy a roster device to get the rosters - its free! If you love baseball the Show is the best thing out there and its not on the 360.

Secondly, games are not simply ported over to the PS3 from the 360. That's an overused term and not really applicable for this generation imo. The architecture is so different on the PS3 its simply not possible. The reason the 360 has looked better so far is that EA has had more time to learn it and program it. There is always a steep learning curve at the beginning of the system. This was the first version of NCAA on the PS3 which is a difficult, 7 core processor machine to program for. The 30 fps vs. 60 fps argument only applies to the games that came out in 2007. The next generation of games will be very similar so I don't think you can say the 360 will always look better. I think that's completely untrue. The PS3 may end up looking better down the line but I doubt the graphical differences between the two will be much different at all. Sure there is a larger user base now for the 360 but I see that gap getting smaller and not bigger. Don't forget the EA patch for NCAA came out a month before the 360 so don't say EA always fixes the 360 version over the PS3 first.

Did you read the Brinkman article talking about MLB 2K8 on the 360 vs. the PS3. He said the framerate was awful last year on the PS3 ('07) and they had to take out a bunch of stuff just to get it to look half decent compared to the 360. However, they have a full time PS3 programmer now and have done amazing things for '08. He claimed they were able to get to 60 fps faster on the PS3 than the 360. Its not a matter of "porting" the game - its just a matter of programmers learning the PS3. You can't base judging a system on its first year - these systems will be around a long time.

There are a lot of reasons why to choose one system over another - mostly which of the exclusive games you like better (Halo, Mass Effect, Bioshock vs. the Show, GT, Uncharted etc.) The multi-platform games will be nearly identical. The "port" argument in terms of which game looks better is an old argument reserved for 2007 and should not be used to determine which system to get in the future. Personally, the PS3 is better bang for the buck with the built in WIFI, free roster sharing and Blu Ray drive. Online gaming and whether XBox Live is worth it for you ($$ but great vs. cheap and mediocre PS3) is another reason to want one or the other.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 01-11-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
MVP

andybaseball2005's Arena

OVR: 16

The big thing PS3 has is blu-ray discs which have more space on the then the 360's HD disc's. Sorry for getting off-topic.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #8
Rookie

coachk75's Arena

Yeah I traded my 360 for the PS3 because to me the PS3 has many more upsides I got the 80GB so I can play any PS2 or PSone game I want to pretty much cant do that with 360 and I've heard alot more people have problems with there 360 crashin than I've heard bout PS3

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »